Econo Lodge Tallahassee
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Good value for the money. Rooms are clean, neat and fairly modern; great comfortable king size bed. My room had a frig and microwave and big TV. The staff is very helpful. The wifi is blazing fast and dependable; used it often for the two days I was here. Good location. Easy walk to capitol, restaurants, shopping centers, book store. Also, a really good natural food store with buffet bar is walkably close. This is not the Hilton but if you need a good, clean room with wifi and easy walking to everything for a fair price, this works. Also, the drive is very steep, careful at bottom or you could scrape your car.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Photoger
Reviewed 21 August 2008

It honestly was not bad!!!

It is a BUDGET hotel. Not a Hilton or even a Courtyard where I also stayed on this trip. Like a Motel 6 type place. One thing that was better than that Courtyard down the street was the wireless internet connection. The TV had more channels than the other hotel. The management staff WAS VERY friendly. Your room is entered in from the outside. Comfy bed. Many outlets.

Clean except for a stain in the chair and the carpet. No issues. Easy check in and out. Next door to Chilis and Pizza Hut. Two other restaurants across the street. Close to FSU and FAMU. It actually was better than my expectations and if I can not find a good priceline deal at another hotel, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Exhaling
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami
Reviewed 25 April 2006

I just stayed at this hotel. It wasnt a Hilton, but it wasnt bad either. They have and are still renovating the hotel. My room was very nice, new carpet, fresh paint, and the bed was very soft and most importantly clean. The bathroom worked as well and the linen was also clean. I would have loved to give this hotel a higher rating, but the doughnuts were ice cold and the young lady working at the desk was very rude when i checked in.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 March 2006

Well, I was staying at the Regency Inn with my boyfriend, we were meeting halfway since we have a long distance relationship right now.
The room was decent, no little critters, that was good.
It had a microwave, but the cord didn't reach the outlet. So we proceded to move the microwave into the floor next to a outlet that the cord could reach.
There was a refrigerator, but it didn't get very cool at all, more like if you had left the fridge door open at your home for about an hour.
They had a TV with many channel's, this was good too.
The room had a very strong nicotince odor, that would make you have to wash all your clothes in your suitcase, even the ones you didn't wear.
We had a lovely front row view of the highway, that was about 10 feet from our room. The wonderful soothing sounds of the speeding cars and police cars were enough to make you fall into a deep sleep.
We had a wonderful continental breakfast, that consisted of donuts, but not just any donuts, cold krispy kreme donuts. That is a rare treasure to find in these parts.
The A/C as well as the Heat worked too. (it does get cold occasionally in Florida I promise.)
My boyfriend had taken note first thing after we got into the room ,that the bathroom door was not properly installed, it sort of "hung" on the door.
They girl at the front desk explained that they were in the midst of remodeling. Well, maybe so but they have a long ways to go still.
The hotel was located on a very nice almost 90 degree angle hill. I wouldn't advise you take any long vehicles to this hotel, you may lose the back end on the way in or out.
The price was resonable for 2 people just staying the weekend, and the shower water was hot, the toilet flushed, and the floor was resonably clean.
The lights worked, and our room was very secure, it even locked us out once, and we had the key!
Well, if you ever need a room just for the night, not for a long stay, and can't justify spending a lot of money, this would be a good place to go, but for you experienced travelers, I would say my best advice is to spend the extra $10-$20 and get a place that you are more comfortable with.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank Naomi R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2006

well, they didn't have our room ready to go at 2:30 but they did find us a room really quick like, so this wasn't so much a big problem but they were not organized. The ice maker didn't work and the lady didn't know where it was located and she is the one that worked there. The rooms were neutral but the door wouldn't lock to the bathroom. The door knob was broken. I was there to see my girlfriend and i was pretty ambaroused about the whole hotel, but she didn't care, so this was great. I want stay here again, but the price of us to stay there was pretty good, but i still want be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2006