“One Night Sleepover Its Okay”

Econo Lodge Tallahassee
Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“One Night Sleepover Its Okay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

No one there when we arrived to check in at 3:30 in the afternoon
Breakfast area was very very small, coffee and cereal
Front desk clerk was not very friendly
Room was fair
Bed slept Okay
Door did not close good
No handicap parking near room
Good point it was not far from the Capitol or the University which was a plus

Room Tip: I would recommend the front side, not the back Not recommend it for more than one night
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just this weekend my family and myself stayed at this motel. The bathroom door didn't shut at all, there were roaches in the bathroom. Upon arrival we let them know we need a late checkout, they charged us $25 fora few hours more! Unfortunately, on the way back we had car troubles and to top it off had no service in the area to communicate to the owners that we would be a bit later then expected. When we were able to make our way back we find that these heartless individuals had thrown my 15 year old cousin, 11 yr old sister, and worst of all my 2 month old son out of the room into 95 degree weather!! Have in mind we would have paid them for the time we were late but instead we find the kids and the luggage outside in the blazing hot weather. Never again will we. Stay here again. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MariR90
econoTallahassee_FL, Manager at Econo Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Motel follow the standard procedure to run the hospitality services. As the amount of money paid for the time as you requested it is customer's responsibility to vacant the room or pay any additional fees to stay longer. In this case, the customer left their two minor under 16 years old girls in the room with 2 month old baby for more than several hours without informing the front desk. When it was time to checkout one of the girl said that they have been to the store and should be back in fifteen minutes, thirty minutes past after the time they suppose to leave and no one show up to pick them up so front desk ask them to step out and wait outside. That is when the clerk found out that very caring parents left two minor girls in the room with the baby and that point they been offered to stay inside the room. I am sorry to say this that if the parents were really concerned about their girls they needed to take them along with them. As far as room had no roaches in the bathroom as you said or why would you be staying for two nights. When the customer return to pickup his girls, he came in the office and used curse words and it was very insulting. We would really appriciated if you would be truthful and give your honest opinion about your stay instead of making up things to make us look worse and put bad reputation online.
Econolodge
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

First, the positives -- staff was very nice and accommodating, and the parking lot is well lit and seemed safe. The room was decent - clean, but didn't fit my needs. Our beds were very firm/hard, and not that comfortable (I guess that's personal preference). The walls were paper thin -- we could clearly hear a conversation (in a normal tone of voice) going on in the next room. The shower had separate knobs for hot and cold water, and it was very difficult to get and keep a comfortable temperature. And there was no hair dryer -- fortunately, I had packed one just in case. The location in relation to FSU campus was fairly convenient, which is why I booked it -- but for future stays I will look for something a little more upscale. This was a bit too "economy" for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had read many of the reviews here before making our reservation. The hotel is in the process of doing some painting and upgrading. Our twin queen room was clean and quiet. The water in the bath was nice and hot. The price allowed us to splurge on some activities in Tallahassee (we were only there for two days and one night). The staff was polite.

Since the breakfast is less than broad, the lower price allowed us to go to a nearby Panera's for stronger coffee and more substantial breakfast offerings. I would recommend taking your own pillow if you cannot sleep on higher, firmer pillows. That is my only negative.

For FSU events, downtown shopping, or golfing, this hotel offers a convenient location. But, with the Tallahassee road system, it's not that far from anything in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights in March 2014, and was wary of what would greet me when I arrived. The staff was nice, the corridor areas well-lit, and the room was reasonably clean and everything seemed to work. The room had an AC unit as well as a fridge and microwave and a standard TV which all seemed to work. My unit was close to the Appalachee Pkwy, but I had little traffic/train noise in my room. This is a low-budget lodging property, but the good news is that they don't pretend to be anything but, and what they do promise, they deliver. I might stay here again if I need a value alternative.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, you may want to request a room on the rear "L" of the build...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here for a night on our way to Tampa. The building is old and room/bathroom was not very clean, but not that terrible either. It was quiet at night. The hotel is very close to downtown, a mall, and several restaurants. There wasn't anyone available at the front desk when we went to checkout in the morning. After ringing the bell, the guy who came looked like he came directly from bed and wasn't very happy about it. Well, it was cheap. I would recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend too much money just a night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed there for a night on 12/12/13 to visit my husband's family in Tallahassee. We were there early so we wouldn't mind to add the early check-in charge to our bill. We like the room since it's quite big. But at night, people were so loud from the bottom floor, which we weren't sure if they were outside or inside the room. The location is good for food and it's not far from the mall too. The staffs are nice, except one lady at the check in because she didn't look happy and seemed to be upset.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family