“Great service”
Review of Genghis Grill - CLOSED

Genghis Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed 13 February 2014

You gotta love Genghis Grill when you have a variety of picky teenage eaters. Our waiter was exceptional keeping our drinks full, providing advice for the menu, and even finding ketchup for one particular picky eater in our party (I cringed when she asked for the ketchup, I saw the surprise on the waiter's face, but he said he would try and he delivered.) The food bar was clean and well stocked and our dishes were cooked very well.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Genghis Grill is a great experience. It's an interactive meal that you craft according to your likes and dislikes. I've never regretted whatever concoction I've thrown together. You can go safe with something you know you'll like or be more adventurous and try something new. I have a seafood allergy and they have very good protocols in place to accommodate anyone with food sensitivities. My only negatives are minor. I don't always like that we have to sit for two minutes to place drink orders and then make our way to the prep bar. The service can at times be a little pushy with the up-selling. And I always feel a slight bit of concern leaving our stuff at the table while we go to prepare our food. I always like the food, the separate prep for food allergies, the to-go drinks, and the atmosphere. The food keeps me coming back again and again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The food was okay, nice concept to put things in a bowl and they get freshly stir fried.
Because it was very nice weather we wanted to sit outside. Music was very loud, so we asked the waitress if it could turned down, yes that was possible, after a while we asked it again, she did it she said, but it was still too loud. Having a conversation was impossible. We went inside.
Later the manager came to our table and we talked about the loud music, he apologized and said that he can not do anything about it because the Genghis Grill company demand loud music.
They even come by and listen if it is loud enough! He promised to talk to the company about it and in meantime he would disconnect one speaker. So, about a week later we went there again, but still sitting in the car we could hear their loud music, walking past the restaurant we noticed indeed one speaker was out, but the other was screaming his head off!
So if you love your eardrums and don't want to end up with hearing damage, don't sit outside!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Was on a trip with my bestie when we saw this place just steps away from Garnet & Gold. We had never been before & wanted something new-were we in for a treat! The proccess was explain simply. Sat down & waiter was very helpfull. We got really brave & ordered the fired edame & were not disappointed. The food was delish & we were STUFFED when we left. My friend left a tip for the cooks & the "show" they did for the tip was worth the $$. Would go again! :)

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were visiting Tallahassee and I'd never been to a "Mongolian grill" restaurant and since it was down the street from our hotel we decided to give it a try.

Starting out I was very displeased. You take a small bowl and walk over to all different kinds of meats and start filling your bowl with whatever you want. Initially my first thought was that it was very unsanitary. Still, we proceeded because regardless of my initial reaction, I was pretty interested to see how it would all come together. Once I decided on about 4 different meats, I moved on to the seasonings. There were so many to choose from and the steak house seasoning seemed to be the most basic so that's what I went with. Once you pick your seasonings you move on the the veggies. Here, things started to look up. I love carrots, zucchini, squash, and broccoli and there was an abundance of all of them. So i filled up the remainder of my bowl and even had it overflow a bit with veggies.

Then we had to choose our sauce... this is where my expectations fell thoroughly. I did not like ANY of the sauces so I went with the one I could tolerate the most which was the mongolian bbq sauce.

We then walked over to the grill and chose our starch (which i chose fried rice). You drop your food off with a card and then go sit down. Once it's ready, your server brings it to you. The whole time I'm waiting for my food, I'm thinking of somewhere else to go eat because I know I won't be happy. However, when the food came I was blown out of my mind! It was SOOOOO delicious. Everything went together so well and tasted so great. I was impressed and pleasantly surprised!!! Next time I visit Tallahassee I will definitely stop here! Not to mention our bill was only $23... what a great value!

One thing I would caution: When choosing the sauce, do not rely heavily on the way it tastes on the spoon. It's almost impossible to tell how it will taste mixed in with everything. Read them and go with the one you think you would like the most. If I could take it back I would have done it this way.