“Good food tucked away in a strip mall” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Food Glorious Food Incorporated

Food Glorious Food Incorporated
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Glorious Food Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mssachusetts
“Good food tucked away in a strip mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was in Tallahassee for the first time (for work) last week and a local friend took us here. The restaurant is a little hard to find if you are not familiar with it, and the bar has a separate entrance, so that is confusing. Otherwise, it was a lovely dinner. The portions were generous. I loved the fried green tomatoes. I had the grouper, which was great, but what I really loved was the grits that came with it. And the dessert portions were enormous - definitely enough poundcake for 4 people to share!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Fish includes free toothpicks... I mean bones :/”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We sat down anticipating the same glorious food we've been having for the past few visits. We ordered the tuna and grouper large entrees and began to dive in not knowing that the tuna seemed to be a few days old and tasted very dry. The grouper contained shoe string fries on top which only gave off the flavor of old grease. When going in for the third bite I chewed into fish scales.... When going in for the fourth... Fish bones. After notifying our waiter he brought over the food manager in which he informed us that he could make a new tuna dish but could not promise that it would come out correctly due to the cut of meat. The grouper dish was discussed with the main cook (apparently the owner) and the manager notified us that they were sorry... We waited for the owner to come and apologize-like make it right, instead the food manager apologized and said goodbye.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Gloriuos Mac & Cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was our daughter's pick for her birthday dinner. She had been here before and raved about the dessert menu. We all had a different pasta dishes -mac & cheese, pasta cappellini and lasagna. All were delicious. Then there were the desserts....So good. Mind you this is a gourmet restaurant so the prices are slightly higher than the normal chain restaurants that serve similar food but still reasonable.

Tallahassee
“Disappointed at this formerly good local restuarant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We have been going to FGF in Tallahassee for years and they always have had good food. Two of us went for lunch recently and although it was 1:30 and they close at 2:30 we thought we would receive the same good food and service as usual. I ordered the cobb salad which has been a favorite of mine for years. After waiting what we thought was an extra amount of time for lunch and there were only 2 other tables with patrons, it came and to my surprise the avocado was not just overripe but a rotten mushy brown blob sitting on top of the salad. When asked about it, the server said it was a new cook and he ran out of avocado. Really? She asked if I wanted something else. Not wanting to wait another 30 minutes for them to prepare another lunch, I scraped the brown blob off and ate the salad. My daughter ordered the grouper sandwich which had an over toasted stale roll and was too well done but edible. In my opinion, the last lunch of the day served should be as good and fresh as the first but this cook has a different idea. Very disappointing. The waitress was apologetic but if I were the management, I'd want to know my staff was serving rotten food. No compensation was offered but we really didn't want anything else. I will think twice about going to FGF in the future.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“Never disappointing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I live in Tallahassee and enjoy FGF from time to time. Lunch is wonderful - and outdoor seating is great. I have never had a disappointing meal. This past Saturday my husband and I went to FGF for dinner. We both had fish entrees - grouper and snapper - both cooked to perfection.The service was friendly and fast as well. This is a home-grown gem of a restaurant - one of very few in this town.

• Visited May 2013