“Cafeteria Timing -- Gourmet Gold Standard”
Review of Hopkins' Eatery

Hopkins' Eatery
Ranked #84 of 802 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Cafeteria Timing -- Gourmet Gold Standard”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Need food fast but want the quickie to be memorable as well? Then make your pit stop at the Eatery. I make it a ritual to stop in every time my life "goes south" I mean that in a good way. When I have business to conduct in Tallahassee, Hopkins Eatery is my first choice for lunch. This time it was the outstanding black bean soup and the Guac. If you want sandwiches that have at least an inch of goodness between the slices of rye or whole wheat, you will definitely want to eat at the place that holds the Gold Standard for hand held food. Get a fork to help you with the overflow.

• Visited February 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been eating at Hopkins for years. They have been able to maintain their quality, not an easy feat. Nice menu variety and soups. Their iced tea is some of the best in town!!

• Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
“I dream at night of a day I can return”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

So I constantly have a recurring nightmare where I realize I am in Tallahassee and I have 10 minutes to get to Hopkins before it closes!!! Its that good!! Legendary sandwiches (the cordon blue is my fave) - and the chicken tetrazzini salad is not to be missed. When I die and go to heaven, a never ending supply of both will be waiting for me.

• Visited November 2012
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“My happy place”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Right off I10. Great sandwiches, wonderful ice tea. Try zorba, blackbird or the guac. Salads too. Very fresh

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank A and A
Herndon, Virginia
“Consistently great sandwiches”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I grew up in Tallahassee so I've been going to Hopkin's for who knows how long! I moved away a long time ago but every time I come back to visit family, this is the first lunch I have. The quality and size of the sandwiches has never wavered, neither has the speed (despite lines growing by leaps and bounds and now having 3 locations). Favorites are the Chunky Chicken Melt (with their magical cashew chicken salad) and the Grecian Ham and Cheese Bake (similar to this one is the Zorba - different bread and not heated). Save room for their Congo Bars! I am not a big dessert eater and even I love these. For the kids, skip the Peanut Butter and Jelly and go for the Peanut Butter and banana - don't forget to ask for honey. Be sure and get the iced tea, with a subtle hint of mint.

• Visited July 2013