“I actually dream about Hopkins'...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hopkins' Eatery

Hopkins' Eatery
Ranked #75 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“I actually dream about Hopkins'...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I lived in Tallahassee from 1995-1997, and this was my go-to place. Seriously the best sandwiches I have ever had (although Dayton, OH was damned good for cheesesteaks.) Best sandwich ever? The Spin -- a spinach and cheddar on muffaletta sandwich. OH... MY... GOd... My sister loves the cashew chicken, and I the tuna melt. Both served on delicious breads with high-quality cheeses. My friend Julia swears by the Linda's Special, but I prefer the warm sandwiches.

Oh, and the DESSERTS. Carrot cake Monday is a tradition not to be missed!

p.s. I still go every time I travel south... These aren't just memories!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DavidC8

Pahoa, Hawaii
“Cafeteria Timing -- Gourmet Gold Standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Need food fast but want the quickie to be memorable as well? Then make your pit stop at the Eatery. I make it a ritual to stop in every time my life "goes south" I mean that in a good way. When I have business to conduct in Tallahassee, Hopkins Eatery is my first choice for lunch. This time it was the outstanding black bean soup and the Guac. If you want sandwiches that have at least an inch of goodness between the slices of rye or whole wheat, you will definitely want to eat at the place that holds the Gold Standard for hand held food. Get a fork to help you with the overflow.

• Visited February 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been eating at Hopkins for years. They have been able to maintain their quality, not an easy feat. Nice menu variety and soups. Their iced tea is some of the best in town!!

• Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
“I dream at night of a day I can return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

So I constantly have a recurring nightmare where I realize I am in Tallahassee and I have 10 minutes to get to Hopkins before it closes!!! Its that good!! Legendary sandwiches (the cordon blue is my fave) - and the chicken tetrazzini salad is not to be missed. When I die and go to heaven, a never ending supply of both will be waiting for me.

• Visited November 2012
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“My happy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Right off I10. Great sandwiches, wonderful ice tea. Try zorba, blackbird or the guac. Salads too. Very fresh

• Visited August 2013