“another pleasant night with my girls”
Review of Clusters & Hops

Clusters & Hops
Ranked #29 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 16 April 2014

a couple of weeks age I took the wife, daughter & granddaughter there for a birthday dinner and like every other occasion it was close to perfect.
the wife likes a great beer and the girls like good wine and our waiter satisfied all three. me I do bourbon.
since it was a late supper we tried various items on the menu and shared all around the table from salads to desserts.
I only had one less than perfect item, the chocolate assortment dessert, no character.
but overall another great night with my girls.

There are newer reviews for Clusters & Hops

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I loved our experience at Clusters and Hops! Most of all, the wonderful and intimate atmosphere. They have a great wine selection. The entrees are quality and creative dishes at a fair price. The service could be better but the romance made up for it.
My husband and I will be back. I recommend it anytime you want to set the mood for a romantic occasion.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

It's hard to rate a place when the food and service are so very different - 3.5 would be more accurate as an average. So, food first. The cheese board starter had a fine selection of cheeses (although the server said Tillamook was from Washington state, and when I jokingly corrected him, I warranted a frown), the salads my friends ordered were large and deliciously dressed, our entrees (warm duck salad, portobello stuffed chicken breast, beef filet) were all tasty and nicely, if a little preciously, plated. A shared dessert of warm berry cobbler delivered flavorful berries in a very good pastry crust. Again, the plating with dots and curliques of berry sauce was some over the top. Coffee was hot, tea was luke warm, at best. Pinot gris was chilled to barely an acceptable temperature. Now to service. How slow can you be and, also, how unapologetic can you be? The cheese tray came out reasonably soon after ordering. Our entrees took at least 30 minutes after the salad course. When asked, the server cryptically said, "It's a small kitchen." Another unreasonably long wait brought our tepid tea and coffee followed by the berry tart. A mention of a need for hotter tea water brought us another lukewarm cup of water. Our waiter bordered on surly. Small kitchen or not, 31/2 hours for a mid-week dinner is a bit long. Additionally, we did not feel that our business was particularly appreciated. Sorry to miss that good food, but I might have to take a future pass.

1  Thank foodieintally
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I loved the feeling that we'd "discovered" a hidden gem. The strip-mall storefront certainly does not let on that there is a fantastic restaurant behind it! This food is on par with some of the best I've eaten in the U.S. and Europe. Superb!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I tell friends that Clusters&Hops is what I think a small French Cafe in Paris would be, a place to gather with friends sip amazing (and very reasonably priced) wine and nibble on unbelievably delicious food. Low lighting and background jazz complete the picture. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about wine, beer, and dishes. From a kitchen the size of a postage stamp comes culinary treasures, served beautifully. For me the best part is cruising up aisles in the wine store in front of the cafe to choose a bottle or two for the evening. I buy wine from all available avenues and know the price point there is excellent for small production wines not commonly found on the east coast. Taste a nice wine and take home a couple of bottles. The setting is in no way fancy, but I find that attractive. The one downside is, no reservations, except one day a year, Valentine's Day, and to no one's surprise, they book up by the first of January.