“Belly up to the sushi bar”

Osaka Japanese Steak House
Ranked #104 of 859 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Osaka has consistently been one of the best establishments for sushi in Tallahassee. The sushi bar is segmented from the (sometimes very boisterous) hibachi section, and that adds to the charm.
We all order something different in order to share the meals. I had the sushi plate called 'surf'. It was delicious, filled with fresh, raw fish and pleasant sauces. It was slightly spicy, which was a nice touch. For $12.99, it came with soup and salad and the portions were very generous. A wonderful meal at a very nice price.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Fannie Pak, AG, and IAGMI go to Osaka for my Special day. Me and my two wives be hongry for food. Fannie Pak insists we have Hibachi although it's my special day. Fannie PAk may be a bully of some sorts. What's up with her? Why she do dis? We order our food and the waiter is really good. The problem is we have to sit at the Hibachi table and we got this weird couple that sits by us. The hibachi chef was very funny and spoke like a good old country boy. The hibachi chef starts to cook our food and axes all of us how we want our meat cooked. The weird lady say I like it medium to rare and confues the chef. Why she do dat? He cooks the meat and tells jokes and trys to impersonate Elvis. He finishes cooking all our fixins and the lady look at her meat and say it look okay to the man she is with he say it look good. Then she don't eat the meat and box it up I guess to take it home and cook it to her own liking. Why werdo why? The food was excellent as usual and the cook and waiter were awesome. You want the hibachi go straight to Osaka the food is yummy for the tummy! Fannie PAk and AG ate up there food si I know they be satisfied with the fixins and such and they KNOW IT!

1  Thank IAGMI
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Osaka is the typical Japanese Hibachi style restaurant. Prices are comparable to other establishments. But one big difference is that we had the biggest portions ever!!!! We ordered 2 Vegetable meals and there was so much food leftover it was wonderful (my husband ate it for breakfast). Their fried rice was delicious! They have Sapporo beer so that totally makes the meal. ;)

Our only complaint is that the sushi menu is very small. There wasn't much to choose from and they didn't carry a vegetable sushi options. Maybe we could of asked for them to make us something but with the limited menu we decided not to.

Overall great food. The chef was friendly but the show was average. The server was attentive but she could of been friendlier. Décor is nice and the restaurant looked clean. We would visit Osaka again if we are in the Tallahassee area.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We moved our daughter to Tallahassee, where she will be attending college. On our last night in town, we went out for dinner with all 4 room mates and another set of parents. We wanted to avoid the chain restaurants and typically enjoy the hibachi experience, so we found Osaka on the Internet. We were not disappointed. While the chef's tricks were similar to what we had seen in other hibachi restaurants, his personality and humor added to our enjoyment. The food was good and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Fannie, IAGMI, Mom, and Pop went to dinner at Osaka for some tasty fixin's. Our waitress was superb she took care of us really well and always filled Fannie Paks water to the brim since she drank like 10 glasses of water. What's up with dat? Is Fannie Pak a camel or what? Where do she carry all that water anyways? Fannie Pak and Pop had the sushi, IAGMI had the chicken Teriyaki, and Mom had the vegan plate and YOU KNOW IT! So we is having a nice dinner I thought but then Fannie Pak and Mom has a few exchanges back and forth while me and Pop just don't even want to be there. You know upsetness is bad for the digestion and the belly begin to hert! What's up with all dis foolishness any ways! So Fannie Pak orders a couple of stiff drinks to calm her nerves and nervous system while Mom just preaches along! Why dis happen? Why Fannie Pak Why? The waitress just giggles at me because she knows I just can't take it no more! When she brings the food out I just simply block Fannie Pak and Mom out so I can savor my delights and not upset my belly! I likes to have a calm belly which is delightful for the digestion! The food was excellent as usual you will never be dissapointed here the staff are great and food is heavenly. Check out Osaka and love it, live it, and Pig out! If you go please take peeples you get along with so your belly is calm and you can gobble up the hevenly delights! IAGMI will have to give OSAKA the BIG TWO THUMBS UP AND YOU KNOW IT! Peace out and go to Osaka to delight the belly!

1  Thank IAGMI