“Perfect for the occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #176 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Cocoa Beach, FL
“Perfect for the occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We would like to think we are well versed with hibachi style restaurants and we know the drill. You don't just come for the food but for the experience. It has become mundane if you don't go to the right place. They all do the same tricks and jokes if you are not careful. We were pleasantly surprised as our server was very sweet and the hibachi chef (is that what you call them?). Was fun, funny, inventive and respectful of dietary constraints. The food was good we left full. Can't ask for much more than that.

Visited June 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Hibachi Okay - Sushi Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a rather difficult place to review. I've been there many times over the years. Sometimes just for hibachi, sometimes just for sushi and sometimes both. I would give the sushi bar, in a separate room, 4 stars. There are so many pros and cons to this place. If you go with less than 6 people your table company is up for grabs. With 8 you have one side all to yourself, with 6 you can rule the roost. The best way to enjoy this place is if you like to laugh while you wait for your food. Good humor is definitely necessary but I have been seated with people whose right foot had apparently just got run over by a car on the way in to the restaurant. Not fun. Not fun at all. Unfortunately, it's the same routine as when it first opened. And there is that rather odd fellow with a loud fake country accent. He can be heard even if he is not your cook. There is a lot of food and it is pricey. I have learned to stick with the seafood selections. The steak is not very good. Just when you think you have everything, a large lump of noodles is dropped on your plate. If you're not a big eater you can share an entree. Saves money that way and you can order some of the sushi--which is better.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Specialty Roll & Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I always stop at Osaka for sushi when I'm in Tallahassee because their rolls are so good. I tried one of the specials tonight. It was called the Nole Roll and consisted of spicy tuna, krab salad, cream cheese & shrimp tempura on the inside, then topped with salmon, tuna, avocado, spicy mayo and eel sauce. It was excellent. It also came with a Ginger salad and Miso soup. All for only $12.95 which I thought was a great price. Waiter and Sushi Chef were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Greenville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Tallahassee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great chefs for hibachi! Wonderful atmosphere and staff. If I'm not in the mood for eating in I will gladly order sushi to go. My favorites are the Filet on the grill or Crazy Boy and Snow White for sushi!

• Visited March 2014
Tallahassee
“The food is always AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Fannie Pak, AG, and IAGMI went to Osaka because we be HONGRY! We ordered some delicious beverages and some good food that was yummy for my tummy! Oh Yeah! I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki and as usual it was heavenly, I munched and crunched on that food and I was in eating HEAVEN! Fannie Pak just stuff her mouth she don't savor the taste of pure heaven! AG just look and eat, I even wonder if she know where she be? The waiter was good anhd served us well, Osaka be duh bomb! I can't wait to go back and get my fill of heavenly delights and you know it JACK! IAGMI as usual give OSAKA the DOUBLE THUMBS UP! It be good and tasty and it will hit that spot in your belly that craves good food! Eat up and be merry!

• Visited April 2014