“Only If There's A Deal and You Don't Need Quiet”

Barnacle Bill's Seafood INC
Ranked #338 of 801 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Tallahassee, Florida
“Only If There's A Deal and You Don't Need Quiet”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Most of the other reviewers here praise the oysters. Yes, they're good (at least the raw ones are) but then I've eaten raw oysters at lots of places and never been unhappy.

If the weather's good, you can enjoy your meal at one of the 20 outside tables. Otherwise, be prepared for a high decibel level inside because of a low ceiling. The oyster bar, in the center, can seat a good two dozen. Tables are against the wall.

Service was good. Waitress came within a few minutes and our order arrived in 20 minutes. Our dozen oysters came with a nice horseradish topping. Also ordered the 30 shrimp combo - 10 fried, 10 grilled and 10 steamed. No complaints on the food.

Through a local TV station, the restaurant regularly offers $25 gift certificates for $12.50.

• Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Just the oysters”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Sit at the bar/counter and enjoy the shucking. Oysters are certainly fresh, and the staff are expert. Mix your own cocktail sauce. Superb.

Visited October 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good oysters the rest ok”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

For sure great oysters, the rest of the menu is average to good. Place could use a scrubbing. While I love rustic places and good seafood , there are times when the fish smell when you walk in is a little much. Otherwise love this place!

Visited July 2013
Naples, Florida
“This is the place for fresh Oysters!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Went here to enjoy their Oyster bar from a recommendation by the hotel valet, and he was right! They served big plump fresh, Apalachicola Oysters (recently available) on the half shell that were wonderful. The Caesar salad was over dressed, the gumbo was salty. The place is a total college bar-dive-hangout, but if you want oysters, go here!

Visited August 2013
tallahassee
“Used to be good oysters”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I went on a Monday to have some oysters.
to start a conversation with the guy in charge for shucking my Oysters "I say:How are the Oysters today?my surprise He say to Me:I DON'T EAT OYSTERS"
That was good I say to my self,I ask for a Dozen,He start Shucking the Oysters then the fist Two slip to the Counter from the shell.I ask Him in a polite manner Is The COUNTER CLEAN??
He did not answer my question at all.He dump the Oyster in the Garbage.
I'm coming to Barnacle Bill's since when I move to Tallahassee.but I think is not the same.
Is time to find a place for consuming those precious Apalachicola Creatures
my Intuition is telling ME "DON'T DO IT" and I will Listen This time.

• Visited June 2013