“... what the heck happened here?...”
Review of Old Town Cafe - CLOSED

Old Town Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

.. since we moved to Tallahassee, 6 years ago we have been eating at Old Town about 3 times a month, lunch and dinner. I like the 'old diner/cafe' feeling and everyone is very friendly. Some of the booth seats are very 'rump sprung' and need replacing. I find the service is not as attentive as it used to be, and the last meal I ate there was a bowl of chilli ( I could tell it was canned!) and my hot dog was overcooked and shriveled!.. their onion soup, on the other hand , is to die for! My husband loves their grouper sandwich. We have often had to get up and get our own silverware after asking several times. The wait staff need a good refersher course! Judi Dunn

Reviewed 13 January 2013

They cook food like your mother and grandmother cooked. The selections often include local seafood. Try the meatloaf.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Old Town Cafe is a great lunch and dinner spot. Variety of items on menu make it a spot to go frequently. Food is fresah and very consistent! The owner is there overseeing that things rn smoothly!!
Great staff!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Once we entered the door, we found Old Town Cafe to be warm and inviting. The server was attentive and the owner, Marsha, was friendly and engaging. The menu was heavily into seafood, but had lots of choices for people who prefer steak and chicken.

Try the Ceasar salad as a side. The dressing is light and flavorful. The croutons are crisp yet melt in your mouth and the pita bread served with it is super! The cheese grits are creamy and flavorful. The shrimp was absolutely FRESH, "dusted" with seasoned flour and fried perfectly. The seasoned fries were "from a bag", but Marsha explained she personally loves them that way and they were done exactly right.

The apple cobbler for desert was truly mouth-watering--served warm with ice cream and fresh whipped cream!

There is a full service bar in the restaurant with additional private dining rooms. The price of the food is very reasonable.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This restaurant will never be mistaken for one of the foo-foo hip spots, but for taste, value and service it will be hard to beat. I have been going to Tallahassee for decades and never knew it existed. I'm glad for Trip Advisor. The service was great, drinks excellent and food was an excellent price to value. The prime rib was outstanding.