“Cool place to hang out with friends”

Salty Dawg Pub & Deli
Ranked #148 of 816 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Tallahassee, Florida
“Cool place to hang out with friends”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Salty Dog is a local pub with food that is a couple of notches above what you would expect from a pub.
I had the Italian sub, which was stuffed with fresh ingredients. It was very tasty, but beware, everything is priced separately. The sub was $6.99, but side items and drinks were extra.

The atmosphere is fun and kid-friendly (as long as you don''t mind drinking around your children). There are several dart boards and pool tables. When we were there, several kids playing pool.

• Visited August 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Philly Cheese Steak I've ever had!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great prices, great service and best philly cheese steaks around. Even better then the last time I visited (several years ago). Music on a Friday night, pool tables - who could ask for more!

Visited May 2014
Marion, Iowa
“Decent Enough Place”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I guess I wasn't as impressed as some others about this place, but I would probably go back again. The food was good and the service was acceptable. A decent selection of beers. A typical "pub and grub" joint.

• Visited January 2014
“Diamond in the Rough!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It realy is a diamond in the rough. It's a little dingy on the inside, but what do you expect from a local small town restaurant. The food is great and the place is very well managed. Great place to kick back have a few bears and have a little casual fun. They have dart boards, pool tables, and lots of TV screens with all your favorite sports. If you go, you have to order the BLT sandwich on Rye with side of crispy fries. Such a simple sandwich, but nobody makes it better. Trust me... but you have to request it served on Rye. Burgers and patty melts are awesome too!

• Visited August 2013
Tallahassee
“Goin' To the Dawgs”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My first foray into the world of dairy-free dining out began when a friend had a buy-one-get-one card from supporting our local NPR station. We were looking for a quick and inexpensive meal and we found one.

If you remember the sitcom “Cheers,” you might expect everyone at Salty Dawg to remember your name, it’s that much like a neighborhood pub. No one there remembered my name, but I certainly will remember theirs. The cozy dining area is immediately to the right as you enter the door. The cooking and grilling are going on in plain sight to the left, before you enter the spacious bar and pool room.

Salty Dawg’s menu is surprisingly extensive, covering the usual sandwiches, subs, wraps, burgers, appetizers and side items along with their “Top Dawgs.”

Our server listened patiently as I explained I could have no cheese or anything made with cow’s milk in or on anything I ordered. For the first, but certainly not the last time, going over the menu as I asked questions, the sweet young lady, mentioned “this has mayonnaise. I explained as I would over and over as I went on this dairy-free adventure, mayonnaise is made with eggs, oil and lemon juice only.

My selection was one of their “Top Dawgs,” a 100% beef hot dog with mustard and kraut and a side of sweet potato fries. The hot dog was plump and tasty and the sweet potato fries were crisp, hot and seasoned just right.

The service was great, the food excellent and the ambience down to earth and friendly. Even though the menu advised patience as “everything is made to order,” my food was in front of me in no time at all.
I will definitely go back to Salty Dawg and recommend it for a quick lunch or casual dinner.
Salty Dawg, 3813 N. Monroe (in the area of Fred George in a Winn-Dixie strip shopping center). Call ahead (562-6500) for to-go orders.

• Visited August 2013