“Very good”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #46 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were on a three-week tour that led us from Atlanta, Tallahassee, Fort Walton Beach, New Orleans, Darrow/Baton Rouge, Natchez, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville back to Atlanta and we stayed at the Red Roof next door for two nights earlier this month (April 2014). This is a really good Cracker Barrel Restaurant so we had dinner once and breakfast twice there. One of our favorite restaurants on this trip because for us as Germans it offered something else than the standard American cuisine. Also, the service was great here!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

After 12 hours on the road we arrived at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 9 p.m. The restaurant closes at 10 p.m. - even though staff started clean up well before closing time.
This was my first time at The Cracker Barrel chain. I had noticed very busy parking lots all across the United States. I wanted to know why. I was hungry - there was nothing else open - It amazes me how early the restaurants close.
Upon entering there is an enormous gift shop- I like to pick up a few souvenirs - I had to wait while the cashier chatted at length while she checked out another employee's purchase- a pet peeve of mine that I see happening more and more.
It was a Sunday and the special was fried chicken with 2 sides and corn muffins and biscuits. My companion ordered the roast beef. There is no liquor license at this restaurant.
Service was off and on - the server was too busy to pay attention to our table.
The chicken was small, had a good crisp crust that was lost when you bit into it. The meat was overdone. The green beans were canned and wretched. Why cant they even use frozen? Every joint in the southern states uses these horrid veggies. The biscuits and corn muffins were tiny but passable- My companion's roast beef dinner was from an inferior cut, the mashed potatoes were cold and rock hard. I ordered a side salad- it was tiny and boring - the blue cheese dressing was good -but they only gave me half a portion and I had to chase the server down to get more.
All in all the portions were small, the food was poor but the price was good. Two people ate what some would consider "home cooked" food and it came to $24. That amount is easily spent at a fast food spot.
I would not eat at The Cracker Barrel again. I am still wondering why is it so busy?

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This Cracker Barrel is off the main road, on a good sized hill, surrounded by trees, with the sign fairly well hidden. When you do find it, however, you will be treated to the same good food you expect at a Cracker Barrel. I like the chicken and dumplings!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We typically enjoy Cracker Barrel restaurants as a family. We will continue to go to them (at other locations), but this was by far the worst Cracker Barrel experience we've ever had. Immediately when we were seated a kitchen staffee stormed out of the kitchen and literally screamed for the whole restaraunt to hear, "I CAN NEVER FIND A MANAGER IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLACE!!!" Great tone setter. Here are just a few vignettes that transpired shortly thereafter:

1. We have two young children. We asked three times for napkins and never got them.

2. The small biscuit plates were brought to us soaken wet. 2 out of the 4 had wet food on them.

3. No one in our party was offered a refill once during the meal.

4. The food came out cold. Also, the portion I was given for the breakfast plate was half what I've gotten at other Cracker Barrel locations. Because it tasteless and cold I couldn't even finish THAT small amount of food even though I was hungry.

5. I used the bathroom and dry heaved at what I saw there. No further elaboration needed.

6. We talked to the manager afterwards and he swears they clean the bathroom every 30 mins, they appreciate the feedback, they'll do better, etc. He also was demeaning saying, "Well, you did eat the food, right? Couldn't be that bad...." The kitchen employee was right, there is a managerial problem. You will not see our family return to this Cracker Barrel location until there is an overhaul in leadership. In years past this was a good Cracker Barrel, it's a shame it's come to this....

Reviewed 7 March 2014

They were all so nice and accommodating. We were greeted when we came in, not by one, but 3 employees before we were sat. One, I believe was Nasyah was so sweet and helpful. She made us feel like we were home with her warm friendly personality.