“Barbeque can be better”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #390 of 808 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Barbeque can be better”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been here many times. The young children seem to like like it. Either I have changed or it has. I used to order the sliced beef- not here any more. The brisket is too fatty for me . The young waitress worked hard for the 9 of us but too many mistakes in the kitchen. A steak to be medium rare came well done. The free seconds were to be asked for 3 times.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JIM O

Tallahassee, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We eat at Sonny's very frequently. Their food is consistently good and they don't mind taking it back if it's not hot enough. Yesterday, I tried their Smoked Chicken Salad with the salad bar and the serving was a good portion; I had the rest of it for dinner.

Visited July 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good for the price”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I expected a more typical old south barbecue, but this place was very good. Fast and friendly service. We had the pulled pork and smoked turkey sandwiches with sweet potatoes.

Visited July 2013
Tallahassee
“Forget the BBQ - Get the WINGS”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I know Sonny's is a BBQ joint, but their wings are a 10. I get an order of 10 and the salad bar. Nothing better. Their BBQ is a 5 but don't pass on their wings.

Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great place to take the family! Awesome specials!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My youngest son wanted BBQ for his birthday dinner and my wife and I decided to go to Sonny's as we had never been (to my recollection). So off we went! Parking was easy at this location and we were in quickly to be seated by a very nice hostess. Joe, our waiter, came by and really made an impression with his easy style of making us feel comfortable. My son and I both ordered the All-You-Can-Eat special for Tuesday at the great price of $11.99. Yes, all you can eat ribs! I nearly ordered the salad bar but couldn't pass up the AYCE special but the salad bar was chock full of most of my favorite salad ingredients (yes, they had cottage cheese!). Joe was totally on the ball and had everything we needed as quickly as the kitchen had it ready. The atmosphere of the restaurant is one of ease, with televisions mounted high and out of the way at ZERO Volume (I can't stand to have a TV blaring while I'm eating out). The lighting was casual and not too bright or in your face like I've seen in some restaurants. The entire restaurant was taken care of and very clean in the dining area. You could see into the kitchen from the foyer and some of the seats in the dining room; I like the idea of letting customers actually see the cooks preparing the meals. My family enjoyed every moment and I think we've found our favorite BBQ restaurant on those occasions where we want very good BBQ. Plenty of their own sauces on the table made getting the dry-rub ribs very nice since you could use one of their signature sauces or choose from several others, all right there on the table. Like I said before and cannot say too much is that the service was above-par and Joe did a wonderful job. Thanks for a great dining experience!

• Visited June 2013