“Great Cuban food!”

Gordos Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #70 of 832 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The new location in Market Square does not have the same fun atmosphere as the original one but the food is just as good and is served much faster! Try the roasted pork dinner, it is very flavorful and tender and the black beans and rice make a great meal. The sweet tea is not great and they serve Pepsi products, so I am not a fan of their drinks, but they do have a pretty good selection of beers! The Cuban sandwich and fries are also very good! Get an extra side of the gordo's sauce to dip the fires in, it is yummy!

1  Thank suzywh

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I eat a Gordos regularly but usually between 11am and noon. Food has always been good and so was the service. Today the food was good but the service was not just bad, it was terrible. We were seated at about 12:20 and the place was very busy. Finally at 12:35 Ashley took our drink and food order. At 12:50 we still had gotten our drinks. I had listened to Ashley tell her story at several tables nearby about her "dance internship". I finally stopped her and she tried to take our order again before realizing that she had already done that and forgotten to bring us our drinks. She brought us our drinks with almost no ice in them. Thank goodness she placed our order with the kitchen before she forgot about us and our food followed shortly. Ashley did not come back to check on us or offer us a refill. She kept coming by but would not stop or make eye contact. And it was not just us, the table next to us had ordered before we did and they did not get their food until someone from the kitchen brought it out after we got ours. They were not happy either. I love their food but I won't be back between noon and 1pm.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The temp was 85 deg, our drink order took 20+ minutes and the food took well over an hour.

Of the 3 orders we placed (drinks, apps, food) most of them came out incomplete or wrong.

Don't go here unless you need a place to hang out for a while. If at least we had a drink we might have been able to tolerate the wait but no one here appears to have any experience running a restaurant.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Gordo's has the best food in Tallahassee. I've tried multiple menu items and like everything. The cuban sandwich is great but too safe of a choice for me. The bistec empanizado is huge and very good. It is so big it hangs off the plate. The palomilla with grilled onions is excellent. Try some empanadas and croquetas. Don't forget the boiled yuca. Make sure you try the gordo's sauce. If you like mojo-style cuban flavor, you will love Gordo's.

For people complaining about the service, this is not a chain restaurant with frozen pre-made items. They actually make the food. According to the staff, almost everything is made fresh. I've been going to Gordo's for over ten years (the other location) and am so glad they opened this location near my house. If you've never been there, make sure you try it, unless you need your meal at your table in 5 minutes or less. In that case, head to a chain restaurant instead so Gordo's can save a table for me.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I think you have to be a regular to get any service here. After we finally spoke to someone and got a waitress, it was really slow. But the saving grace was the food. It is really good. Black beans & rice and seasoned fries are great. I had fish and it was really fresh. Will go again. Hope the service will be better.