“Consistently fantastic place”

Ranked #1 of 836 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stopped by kool beans yesterday with a coworker who's never been to Tallahassee. I was ecstatic to see that they were still there even since it's been several years since I've been in town. The menu is just as unique as I remembered it and the food was just as amazing. This is the perfect place to impress a coworker or a customer or a date and can be a quick lunch or elaborate dinner

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Have tried many menu items and have found everything delicious but consistently overpriced. Will go back. Wish hey had a broader wine selection.

1  Thank butterbean17
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We walked in about 15 before close and no one said anything negative! They welcomed us and let us pick our table. Our server was very attentive and answered my questions about the wine list like she'd known me for years. We split a bottle of Treana and started with a gnocci appetizer. Covered in pancetta, goat cheese and carmelized onions. Truly one of the best apps I have EVEr had! My date had the pork with cranberries and brussel sprouts and I thoroughly enjoyed the Ahi tuna steak. Just a touch of wasabi and a HUGE portion. If we hadn't been in a hotel room, I would've taken every last drop home. We can't wait to return and are not surprised at all by your #1 ranking! Keep up the great work guys!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great place to end our road trip day. The walls are covered in art, our wait-person was friendly, helpful and really waited on us., the food excellent. my husband was afraid we'd picked a yuppie place but was made instantly comfortable by our wait-person and the extensive selection of beers as well as the elective menu. It's noisy and lively- not a place for a romantic dinner but an upbeat one non the less.. Go there and you'll be pleased.

1  Thank karenmcelhany2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The food is so unique, the menu changes depending on what is in season and they change it daily. The atmosphere is cozy, eclectic, and romantic (for dinner). Various artists have paintings displayed throughout the restaurant that are for sale. The food is delicious, from steak to fish, its all very delicious! I have been there a handful of times and the service is always very attentive and friendly. Sitting at the bar for Sunday brunch is fun too! Watching the hustle and bustle of the kitchen is entertaining (and it smells so yummy too). They have outdoor seating on a patio, however I do prefer the indoor seating better. There can be a wait sometimes, so be sure to get there early or call ahead if available. Great for couples, families, and medium sized groups. Some of the best tasting food I've ever had!

1  Thank Lauren378