“Lunch on Saturday”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I stopped at Outback for lunch before going shopping. Because my husband is a large man, we always ask for a table. The hostess said, "Would you take a booth?" We agreed and when shown to our table there were only two other tables taken in that dining area. All of the half booth/chairs were vacant. I found that very odd that she could not accommodate our request. The food was tasty - I had the lobster tacos - he had the hamburger. Both quite good. We also used our AARP discount for any folks that are AARP members - 15% discount on lunch every day and dinner Mon-Thurs nights.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place is a staple when I come to Tally for business. They have a very busy happy hour and there is always a wait. Food here is consistent and the service was pretty good. The steak I had was a little fatty, but overall it was a nice meal. Salads have gotten very small over the years. At one time, Outback had the best salad in the business. Not anymore (please see Olive Garden).

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were here on a graduation weekend. The place was packed but service was prompt, friendly and unhurried. Food is the usual Outback high quality and large portions

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had not been to this restaurant for a few years. It's a popular local hangout. My husband and I were eating out on a weeknight and I ordered from the gluten free menu since I have celiac disease and become very ill if I eat anything with wheat or gluten (wheat protein) in it.

I explained what I needed and was given the Outback gluten free menu. I ordered my entree and a salad and picked out a dressing that was gluten free. The first salad I was brought had the wrong dressing, it had the one WITH gluten in it. I sent it back politely, explaining the problem. Salad comes back with ranch dressing. I start to eat it and immediately have to get it out of my mouth since I taste the mustard dressing that has gluten in it. The 'salad guy' had just poured off the other dressing and put the ranch on top of it. If I had not been very vigilant I would have ended up in the emergency room most likely. I alerted our main server to the problem, he apologized and called over the manager.

I must say that management was wonderful. The manager, a lovely woman, was very apologetic and gave me my entree for free (and the entree, steak and grilled shrimp was delicious). Because the management was so nice and the food was good I have not downgraded the restaurant to average, because it is above average for a chain restaurant.

That being said, however, I probably won't go back any time soon because I'd be worried about another mishap with the gluten issue. The manager said she would train the staff better on this issue and I hope that she will. If you are on a regular diet you will enjoy this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

friendliness of servers and quality of food I like the "call ahead" to be seated in a limited waiting time.