“Enjoy hospital cafeteria food?”

Village Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #64 of 808 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Tallahassee, Florida
“Enjoy hospital cafeteria food?”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The main dishes are ok, nothing spectacular but not bad either, the cheese is great! , the linguini they come with is nothing short of horrible. It looks like they came off a kids meal at an arcade. I tried to substitute them for something else, and was told "no". The garlic rolls are hit or miss. The side salad looks like it came off a hospital cafeteria along with the noodles. Oh and the price...about 13 bucks. Ive yet to have the pizza, and Im sure its good, because SOMETHING must be good here. I'd love to write a positive review of this cool local place but theres no way I could.

• Visited September 2011

Havana, Florida
“Took a chance...So So”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My wife and I are new to the area and after reading various reviews, in regards to pizza venues, we thought to try this establishment. We invited a neighbor to go along for what we thought would be an entertaining and yummy event. Once inside, we were promptly seated and our waitperson was at the table in a flash. He introduced himself and asked us for our drink selection and gave us the menu. A large selection of Italian dishes are available and the pizza selections are numerous. My wife selected an ala carte pizza---mistake---and our neighbor chose the "dinner special" and I chose the baked ziti with meatsauce. The garlic bread was very good, and warm, and the waitperson attentive. Once the meals arrived I was impressed with portions served. Our neighbor was wide-eyed and salivating. My order was plentiful, as well, but the pizza---needed help. The sauce was weak, toppings sparse and it didn't look/taste like any oven baked pizza that I've ever seen/eaten. A big disappointment for me. We ordered a cannoli (sp?) for dessert and it tasted like cake icing so that was a waste of money...for the price.

In closing, the waitperson was very good and I would stay away from the pizza. Also, forget the cannoli (sp?) and try something else.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank jpeez713
Tallahassee
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My group of four adults had dinner here. Pizza was excellent. Chicken Cachovie was outstanding...sauted chicken breasts with artichoke hearts, garlic ,sun dried tomatoes over pasta with a white wine sauce...try it! Spaghetti with meat sauce had a good flavor but the meat sauce was chopped up meadballs on top of the pasta with a marinara sauce. I expected better.
House chianti was really quite good.
Prices are very low. Four of us dined for about 40 bucks plus a $15 crafe of chianti. I saw lots of families with children and a lot of high school teenagers hanging out here to eat.