“Clean and quiet place to stay in Tally”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mableton, Georgia
“Clean and quiet place to stay in Tally”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Everything was great at this hotel. Friendly front desk staff, clean room, and a good breakfast. The location is convenient - you can take Thomasville right into downtown Tally by FSU and you're right off I-10. I will definitely use this hotel again when in town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
Tampa, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Road trip pit stop enroute to panhandle and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Very clean, friendly staff, and free breakfast. Village Inn and Fridays next to parking lot also. They recommended Teds Montana Grill for dinner and, it was fantastic !

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Johnny Z
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn & Suites for three nights this past weekend. We were there for a retirement, reunion and birthday celebration. The hotel was selected by the organizer of the events and it was an excellent choice. There are two Hampton Inn in Tallahassee, so make sure you stay at the right one.
The organizer negotiated a special rate, which made the stay even nicer. This hotel has a very warm and friendly lobby and the front desk staff members were also very warm and friendly. You actually felt that they were very sincere about their friendliness. The hotel lobby, hallways and rooms were very clean and well maintained. We had a king room with a window that faced the back of the hotel. We requested a small refrigerator for medication in advance of our arrival. When the refrigerator was delivered it was not working properly. The maintenance man removed the refrigerator and returned with a thermal bag. He explained that the hotel was giving away the thermal bags instead of providing refrigerators, because it was more portable and did essentially the same job. He also supplied a clear plastic bag, which we filled with ice. The plastic bag held the ice very well and we refilled the bag with fresh ice in the morning.
The room was equipped with a king size bed, desk and chair, a large lounge chair and foot rest, a new flat screen TV and the dresser was below the TV. The bed was very comfortable with a clean duvet, but the mattress was too soft for us, so we traveled with two corrugated plastic sheeting in our suitcases, which we put on top of the mattress and wrapped in a towel for back support. The bathroom was efficiently designed with a sink and a Corian looking, large counter top. The bottom of the counter top was opened for easy access of the towels and wash cloths that were neatly rolled-up. The tub had slip resistant material at the bottom and instead of tiles on the walls in the tub, they used three synthetic panels that looked like Corian tiles, but very easy to clean. The only thing that we did not like about the room was that we could hear the people in the next room when they were talking. The room needs more insulation for privacy.
This hotel serves a very good buffet hot breakfast with many healthy choices of foods. If you are unable to stop for breakfast the hotel offers "Breakfast on the go", which is a brown bag with a muffin, or danish with a fruit or yogurt at the front desk. The hotel also serves a buffet dinner in the evenings during the week. Since we stayed for the weekend, we did not get to sample the dinner choices. The hotel also served cookies in the evenings during the week.
While we were at the hotel tropical storm Debby caused very heavy rains on Sunday and Monday, but we were able to deal with the rains, because the hotel has a large canopy in front of the hotel lobby that prevented us from getting wet. We would encourage you to stay at this hotel, because you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get to the hotel early, even before the check-in time. That will increase your chances of getting...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank travelace71
Hunstsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is another squeaky clean Hampton Inn, with excellent service, friendly employees and a delightfully quiet place to rest and relax after a long trip. This hotel actually served dinner in a buffet as well as a breakfast buffet. Nice touch! The only negative was there was no hot tub! That said, the pool was warmer than most and a delightful swim. We slept like babies. The hotel is just off the interstate but it's super quiet, thanks to being nestled in a grove of trees. When in Tally, I'll stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank thecowboylawyer
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is a good Hampton Inn, up to their standards. However, I don;t know if we could have found it if we hadn't had GPS. Call ahead and get detail directions on which exit, where to turn, etc. They are at a complex interstate intersection and you need to take the best exit, not the one we took.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SkyGrandpa
Belle Chasse, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Prior to my stay at Hampton Inn & Suites in Tallahassee, I have visited other Hampton locations in other parts of the Southern United States with my most recent stay being in Mobile, Alabama while my fiance and I were stopped overnight after leaving New Orleans while driving to Disney World. I have been impressed with all Hampton Inn & Suites, and this stay in Tallahasse was no different!

My grandparents and I stayed on this property last night (Saturday, May 26, 2012) on our way to Orlando. We were all exhausted, as we had been travelling from New Orleans and we were hoping that we would find a comfortable, affordable hotel to get some much needed rest. The hotel lobby, our bathroom, and the bedroom were all very clean and maintained very well. The bathroom was beautiful and the beds were very cozy with very warm blankets and comfortable pillows. There was free WiFi in the room, which was great since I brought my iPad along! The complementary breakfast included was delicious and provided a great variety of food and breakfast beverages.

The pool and courtyard area was beautiful and I enjoyed sitting outside while eating breakfast.

The desk clerks were very helpful and the night clerk quickly found us a room although my grandparents and I didn't have a reservation.

Once again, Hampton Inn & Suites has impressed me and I'm looking forward to visiting again!

• Stayed May 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We had been before in Hampton Inn & Suites. But this one is very special. Conveniently located near the I-10. Comfortable beds and rooms, Breakfast and dinner included in the price, hard to find a better deal price wise. Pasta with salad were on the menu that night. Staff friendly. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the pool side. You'll have blooming trees in front of your wondow
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends