“The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
DeLand, Florida
“The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

No phones and terrible cable for the entire stay. However, the hotel partially redeems itself with an AMAZING hot breakfast with waffles and appetizing meats. Many pastries, fruits, and breakfast goodies to choose from. Phones and cable could have been a fluke--but--definitely put a damper on things when wanting to relax for the evening or needing to contact others.

1 Thank GoofyGal70151
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the unfortunate storm that did create an opportunity for the hotel and all of our guest at the property during the neighborhood storm outage. Lightening struck the phone lines in the area, so we were at the mercy of the phone company to make the repairs. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and fabulous breakfast. We do hope you will consider being our guest in the near future and have the perfect stay? Thank you for your time and most importantly your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very nice hotel.....clean suite......great location.....breakfast not good.......eggs were hard....sausage terrible.... I give the breakfast a bad mark ........just go across the street and eat breakfast........however the coffee was great

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAH1932
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. I am glad to hear you had a nice time, however we wish you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have many options, so we hope you were able to enjoy the waffle maker, fresh fruit, fresh oatmeal and the other options beyond the eggs and sausage? The Hampton breakfast often gets mixed reviews, so we are glad you did enjoy the coffee bar. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon!
Miami, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Excellent hotel. Quick checkin and checkout. Very friendly staff. Bed and pillows were great. Room was very pleasant and very clean. Breakfast was great. Parking was free. Great location to I10 and plenty of restaurants nearby.

1 Thank Sarah C
Thank you so much for your time to post about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the property. We love hearing from our guest. When your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, we hope to be your only hotel choice.
Thank you for your business!!
Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is a definite yes on all levels. The service, rooms, breakfast, and all amenities were great. Not to mention the breakfast and free cookies and 24/7 coffee. A great hotel. A fantastic sleep and stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate you and your business! We hope we will be your ONLY hotel choice when your travels bring you back to Tallahassee!
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was a little wary of staying in a Hampton but was encouraged by its high rating among Tallahassee hotels. It was really quite nice for a standard hotel. The staff was very accommodating and agreed to switch our room when I found out the original was near the elevator for something more quiet. The room and hotel in general were very clean and well-cared for. My one complaint was that after asking the desk for a late check out, the house keeping crew banged on the door early any way, though they did go away when I said I was still inside. It was a very good value for the price and I would stay there again. The Thai restaurant down the street was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your choice of staying at our property. Though we do alert our housekeeping staff of late check out, if they do not see a do not disturb sign on the door they do not know if you have vacated the room? I am sorry they knocked on your door, but hope you still enjoyed your room location and the rest of your stay? Thank you for your business. We value every guest!!
Kingsland, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This Hampton Inn is clean and conveniently located within walking distance to many fast food restaurants. The staff is friendly and the rooms clean and quiet.
Upon entering the parking lot, I noticed several police patrol cars in the area. I didn't give it much thought until I was walking to dinner and noticed even more police cars in the area. I stopped and asked one of the officers if this was a bad area and he quickly responded that this was a nice area with no crime. I then had to ask the question, then why so many patrol cars? He politely informed me that the hotel allows the police officers to utilize their lobby for lunch (night shift). That information alone raised my appreciation for the management of this property.
As for breakfast, it was lacking in selection and that could be because I was late to head to the lobby. The facility is well maintained and the price was great. Access to I-10 couldn't be any easier. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to hear you noticed our local officers, who are our best lobby friends. We do allow them to dine in our lobby, get paperwork done and just crab a cup of coffee if needed. It makes our guest feel extremely safe and also removes any opportunities. Our neighborhood is safe, so thank you for taking the extra step to post about your experience. We value our guest and hope you will make our property your only choice when traveling to Tallahassee!
tampa florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a standard Hampton Inn, good for business travelers with the usual amenities. The hotel is starting to show it's age as the rooms could use some updating-found the caulking around the bathroom sink and tub were old, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We have just completed a renovation and the guest rooms/bathrooms are currently receiving a bit more TLC, so we hope you will return soon to see the new updates? Thank you for your business, we hope to see you back again in the near future!