“Very nice Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This appears to be a very new property with everything being in perfect condition. The King room with sofa bed is a great size room, and I like the layout of the room. I actually like the fact that there are 4 small pillows on the bed....they're great pillows, and usually we end up throwing the extras on the floor which takes up floor space. The service here is great with very friendly staff. Super quiet and off the road (actually had a little trouble locating it). Ample opportunity for dining right close by the hotel. Remote control for the AC/Heat is a nice touch so you can adjust the temp during the night. Plus, the AC/heat unit is nice and quiet. If we ever find ourselves in Tallahassee again we'll definitely stay here.

1  Thank SimplyBC
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are so happy to hear we not only met your travel expectations, but exceeded them. Thank you for noting your experience and the details about our entire hotel including guest room "extra`s". We are thrilled to hear you will make our property your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Even though this property was well-kept, it was disappointing to walk into a king room and see 4 small pillows on a king-sized bed. I usually travel (by car) with my own pillows, but forgot them on this quick overnight trip. I will never do that again. Otherwise, the breakfast was good.

1  Thank GaHomeschoolMom

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. We know comfort is #1 for our guest, and the Hampton brand pillows are standard in all properties, however we do have a few offerings regarding pillows. Because there are many levels of personal comfort, we can appreciate your comments about the size of the standard pillows in our king guest rooms. We do hope you will return to our property in the near future. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed just one evening @ this location but wished it was for longer! Everything was very well-kept & clean at this Hampton Inn. Also, it's very easy access to I-10 as well as pretty close to campus, if that's a necessity. Would not hesitate to recommend this location!!

1  Thank Beth P
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We appreciate you and your review. We are glad you stayed with us for a quick trip, but hope your next stay will be for a bit longer. We appreciate you and your business. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is pretty much a typical Hampton Inn, but the rooms were very clean, comfortable and a nice size. If you have kids a very nice heated pool that looked well maintained and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and took care of all our needs. I think one of the huge pluses here is the location. You can find most any kind of food you may want in a very close area. Plus some fun things to do like miniature golf and movies. So you get fun stuff close a very good hotel and loads of food choices close. We will be back when we are in the area.
The breakfast was hot and well done and kept full.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Glen S
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review. Its always nice to hear from our guest who let others know about our great location and surrounding business`s to enjoy. We hope when your travels bring you back to the area, you will make us your only place to stay. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Love to stay here again, very nice and comfortable. Food at breakfast was great, good selection. Beds were very soft and easy to fall asleep, black out shades let you sleep late. You could not hear other guest after you were in your room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so happy to hear we met your travel expectations. We know you have a choice in where you stay, so we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This place is off the main road on a local street so fairly quiet. Check in was quick and clerk was able to answer a few questions about the area. I went to the room and dropped off my bag as it was late in the day and I wanted to get gas and eat before dark. When I returned to the room and opened the door I realized that there was a big stain on the carpet in front of the bathroom. Not a very inviting site as you open the door. Needless to say I did not walk barefood on the carpet. Otherwise everything appeared clean. The A/C must be new as there was a remote on the bedside table to adjust the temperature. Very nice for in the middle of the nite. Could not get on my tablet until well after 1 am and was told it was because so many people were using the wifi. I think they need to upgrade this sooner than later. I did use the computer in the Business Center and it was extremely slow also. The room was very hot, no A/C and smelled like something burning. A way to keep people from staying on the computer too long??? When i settled down to sleep I heard water running which turned out to be the toilet. I jiggled the handle and it stopped for awhile but the water continued to run on and off all night. I finally closed the bathroom door. This Hampton Inn looks like it has had some remodeling but needs more and there was no excuse for the stain on the carpet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about our property and your recent stay.Thank you for noting the guest carpet, we are actually in the process of getting new carpet for the guest rooms. We did just completed a renovation in the common areas. The odor you smelled in the business center is from the hydraulic system, because the elevator room is located right next to room. The air temperature for this room is also controlled from the meeting room located next to the business center, so often the guest move the temp for the comfort during their meetings. We hope you will consider staying with us in the near future, when your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. Thank you for your business, we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This inn is located in a quiet place-- not much traffic and not much outside noise of other kinds. This contributes to a good night's sleep. We arrived late at the hotel but were able to get a nice top-floor room with a comfortable king-size bed. One of the two elevators was not working but was repaired by early the next morning. The desk clerk was very efficient and helpful at check-in and recommended a good restaurant for the evening meal. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are happy to hear you had a nice stay wish us on your recent trip through Tallahassee. We appreciate your kind review and hope you will make our hotel your perfect stop, when your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. Your comfort is our goal to ensure a great nights sleep. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business.