Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd
GreenLeadersSilver level
Texarkana, Texas
“Good Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

We usually stay in Hampton Inns. This one is just like the others. It's nice and clean with a very nice staff. It offers free high speed internet and a great breakfast. One thing I noticed at this Hampton Inn I haven't noticed at the others was this one offered breakfast to go. They were bagged up ready for someone to get them. I thought this was a really good idea. The only thing negative thing about this hotel is, it was sort of hard to find coming off of I-10. We had to loop around to find it. We had to go through a residental area... I thought we were lost and we had a GPS...

We stayed at this hotel two times over our vacation going and coming back from Orlando. We booked 3 rooms each time and everyone's room was clean and comfortable. We booked the suite instead of the regular rooms because they are a little bit bigger. They were really nice. You can't go wrong here! :o)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 2intx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

Was just what we needed for a short stay over. Hotel is new, rooms clean and fresh, AC great, close to places to eat, re-fuel and watch a movie. Had trouble finding ..... behind TGIFridays. Price was right.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

The motel was over priced, when you are scheduled to stay at a place for a week at a time you do expect it to have a fridge and microwave. I also neve saw any of the home made cookies. Staff was not friendly they need to be reminded that they were for the public

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TallahasseeGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 - Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, 13 May 2010
Good aftenoon VCRHD,

Thank you for taking the time to post your contribution to our hotel. We can only better ourselves through feedback from our customers and we welcome all opportunities.

Our property offers 37 studio suites that boast a microwave and a refigerator. This is a king room with a queen size sleeper sofa. For those who require two queen beds, we do maintain an extra allotment of microwaves and refrigerators on property and are available upon request at our front desk. If you request these items upon making your reservation, we will note the items and do our very best to have them delivered to your room by our staff before you arrive at the property. Please also ask for any item that is not readily available in your room or our suite shop store. You never know what we may have for your use in our back office or storage areas, including bicycles!

Our afternoon cookies have been placed in the lobby around 5:30pm every weekday and are there until consumed! Be early to check in! They are Otis Spunkmeyer and are quickly devoured by those who cannot eat just one!

Due to your feelings that our staff was not 100% accommodating during your stay, we will use the Hampton 100% guarantee that states "Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton." We certainly strive to provide the very best for our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

We understand that, in today's economic situation, the choices in where you spend your money are more important than ever. We certainly appreciate the business of all of our guests and we appreciate any feedback that makes us better. We hope to be of service to you, again, in the future.

Warm Regards,

Krista Torres, GM
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Clean, tasteful rooms, great service, a wonderful breakfast bar, free internet, and good meeting facilities. It was a cold weekend in Tallahassee and my colleague and I were welcomed with hot cider in the reception area. Everything about this hotel was geared toward making the customer feel comfortable. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

This hotel should be the number one in Tallahassee. Staff was great, Briana was great all ways making sure you had everything you needed. Room was clean and comfortable. I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

The location and some (not all) of the front desk help prompt me from giving this 5 stars. I thought maybe it was just MY GPS that was giving me crazy directions, but I spoke with several other travelers who verified the crazy directions. I ended up seeing the sign and driving down streets until I found it. Second, the front desk could have been more helpful in finding a mini-frig: long story short, I was told I would be able to have a frig in the room but after two attempts and a flip response from the front desk I gave up. Not a deal-breaker but frustrating nonetheless.
Now to the good part: The flip employee was NOT the norm of the hotel, as other employees were helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean, amenities plentiful (flat screen TV, nice desk, chair and ottoman), modern bathroom and shower, and the breakfast was quite good. They even served free dinner, which was much more than your normal free evening fare: fried chicken, mac and cheese, salad, and dessert! Overall my stay was enjoyable and I will be back again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

My wife and I and some friends stayed at this Hampton over a weekend while we were in town to bike the St. Mark's Trail. We arrived considerably early before check in time, but we were able to get into our room right away. Both the public areas and guest rooms are very nice and comfortable. We took a dip in the pool after getting back from our biking trip; we only wish that there had been a hot tub/jacuuzzi to use. Breakfast was fine. As a hot selection, there was egg and sausage biscuits one day and gravy and biscuits the next. You can also always make a waffle, and there was a decent selection of pastries, cereals, and fruit. Although the property is located at a fairly busy (and a bit confusing) part of Tally -- the I-10/Thomasville Rd interchange, we did not really notice any outdoor noises at night and slept well. Also, as others have noted, there are a few restaurants conveniently within walking distance.

Perhaps this is difference between regular Hampton Inns and Hampton Inns & Suites, but we were disappointed that our regular room did not have a fridge or microwave. We had some things in our ice box we wanted to keep cold, so we had to make regular runs to the ice machine down the hall. All in all though a perfectly acceptable hotel that we stay at again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple