“We wanted lite and healthy and found it here”
Review of Zoes Kitchen

Zoes Kitchen
Ranked #141 of 801 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“We wanted lite and healthy and found it here”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Evidently the earlier unfavorable reviews had been noted, because we found helpful, attentive counter help who nominated their favorites. We saw no in bussed tables. We did see the staff actively sweeping under a table when it's guests left. There were six or so tables occupied early on a Sunday evening. We both ordered the chicken skewers. Nicely grilled, flavorful chicken cubes with onions and cherry tomatoes were served on a bed of rice. Pita triangles and a Greek salad completed the plate. The Greek dressing suited me fine. We wanted something fresh and lite and Zoe's delivered. Their menu listed take out dinners for four for about $8 per person.

Visited April 2014

La Florida
“Not clean or fresh semi cafeteria”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went early dinner 4:30. We had other events to attend to and wanted to beat the crowd. No problem with that. There was one other couple there. We were a family of three. There were a lot of choices on the menu. You order at the counter (read stand in line if there is anyone else there) Then you get your own drinks and find a table. Sounds easy, but there were no clean tables, one other couple and a bunch of dirty tables. They didn't have dishes because you bus your own table, but they all needed to be wiped down. I take it back, there were two with dishes. The bus tubs were full, the silverware "buckets " were filled with blue water, lots of silverware and a layer of scum floating around the top. If it was just after the dinner or lunch rush I could understand, but this was not the case and it was clear that things had been sitting since the lunch rush. They do bring you your food as it becomes ready in the cafeteria. The hummus was fine, the pita bread was ok. One piece was hard and not in a toasty way. The tomato bisque was warm, not hot, and there was melts cheese on top which made it hard to eat. The Greek salad had little potato salad, lots of greens and not nmuch flavor. The added chicken was bland as well and the cartelized onions looked more like that had been soaking in brown water and less like they had actually been carmelized. The kids quesadilla was made with Kraft slices and was very salty. The beef kabob was not bad and the veggies and potatoes
also were good. But not good enough to redeem the rest of the meal, or the experience. We will not be going back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank S M
Orlando, Florida
“Something different and fresh!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a refreshing change from the usual quick service restaurants. Great menu items, fast and courteous service and pleasant atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“I was not impressed”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I needed to pick up something for lunch so I decided to try Zoes for the first time. I was not impressed at all. First the staff was not very friendly and they would rather talk to each other than wait on the customer. The manager was also participating in this behavior and it was very unprofessional. The interior was nice it had an industrial look to it and it seemed very clean. I ordered a greek chicken pita and fruit cup to go. I waited a few minutes and an uninterested employee called my name and handed me my bag. When I got to work and opened my box I was disappointed. The fruit cup was much to be desired, the melons were overripe and mushy and they had oranges with the peel still on it. Probably the worst fruit cup I have ever had. The pita was ok, and I like feta cheese, but there was WAY too much feta on it. All in all I probably would not visit Zoe's again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MMH99
Tallahassee, Fl
“Only So-So”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

In fairness, I am not a big fan of chain restaurants. However, I had never been to a Zoe's, and decided to try this newly opened location. The place is airy and inviting in the same vein as many casual eateries. I ordered the sampler salad plate and tea. I was given an empty cup and a number on a stand. I knew what the drill was from other similar places, but I do wonder what someone who was unfamiliar would think. Perhaps, telling a customer where the drinks were located and suggesting they place the number on their table so that their meal would be delivered might be an appropriate. The salads were something of a feta fiesta! Vinegar- style Cole slaw was liberally infused with crumbled feta, the pasta salad was heavily laced with feta and tasteless red "something", maybe sun-dried tomatoes. The chicken salad was of nearly pate consistency, and I wasn't a fan. The plus was the red-skin potato salad, also vinegar based. Yes, it was perfectly edible but pretty forgettable. I probably won't return.

• Visited October 2013