“Simply amazing”

Ranked #2 of 4 Tallahassee B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Travelling to and from the states from London is a regular part of my business life and can often be a somewhat lonely experience as many of you may know. My last trip involved quite a lengthy road trip in Florida with a short stay in Tallahassee. Whilst talking to my family back in the U.K, and feeling quite home sick, my partner found The Little English Guesthouse on here and booked me in for a two nights stay before my return home from Tallahassee Airport. Simply amazing is my only response to this little ray of sunshine in the sunshine state. Hosted by a true English rose, this home away from home was a delightful stay. I stayed in the London room for two nights and left the U.S feeling for the first time refreshed and revitalised. Breakfasts were ample enough for few hours until lunch time were I found myself able to sample real American food. (Sonny's BBQ is a must by the way!!) I will most certainly revisit The Little English Guesthouse and look forward to my forthcoming visits. I'm planning a Disney holiday with the family next year and may even fly to Tallahassee stay here and drive to Orlando just so I can show it off!! God Bless you Tracy and Thom and Thank you for a truly wonderfully relaxing visit.

Room Tip: The London room is the biggest, but choosing between the three different would be like choosing whic...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place to stay for peace and quite with beautiful gardens. A great healthy, casual approach to breakfast, just help yourself in the "breakfast room" plenty of choice for tea and coffee, even soft drinks too, all for free, which is unusual. A nice healthy range to choose from for breakfast, from fresh fruits, croissants, healthy muffins, granola, cereals, yoghurt and even  hard boiled eggs.
The owner, Tracey was very helpful and attentive, she was always on hand.
My wife and I particularly enjoyed having a cup of tea with Tracey out in the "English gardens" a very well presented and beautiful, tranquil place to sit and talk.
The decor of our bedroom, "the London" room, was simply perfect. Lots of little personal touches made this room very welcoming. We both had a fantastic nights sleep.

The little English Guesthouse truly is a wonderful representation of being back home in the countryside in England, from the gardens, to the interior decor, even the tea pot, teacup and saucer. :-)

Thank you very much Tracey for making our short stay a wonderful and personal experience. I travel a lot, in Europe and The US, and this place by far exceeds any motel or inn I've ever stayed in. I'm glad I had my wife with me on this trip, as she too got to enjoy it. We shall return on a way through again next year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
LittleEnglishGuestho, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed breakfast, our guests do seem to prefer to sleep in a bit and not have an "appointment" with the breakfast room/ coffeepot! Remember to "like" us on Facebook, we look forward to seeing you (and your wife) again next time you're on this side of the pond!
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed one night at this B&B. Based on previous experiences with other B&Bs both in the US and abroad, I expected a restful night's sleep (I got that here) and a full, hot breakfast. Unfortunately, the owner did not/does not provide a fresh breakfast for her guests, citing a "local ordinance". On my stay, breakfast was prepared the night before and consisted of sliced strawberries and cantaloupe, dry tasteless muffins (no butter) and croissants left out overnight. The coffee was self-serve. No tea. I asked about a protein: cottage cheese (ick). There was nothing "British" about this meal. Disappointing. For the price, I would opt to stay elsewhere next time I'm in town. I discussed the other issues I had directly with the owner, who was kind enough to respond to my comments. I still feel strongly that if you're running a Bed and Breakfast, that it needs to include a meal better than you can get at 7-11.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M H
LittleEnglishGuestho, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We're pleased you got a a good night's rest and do feel that we offer good value for money and great customer service, as evidenced by all our great reviews. We responded to your emailed comments after you left but do wish you would have given us the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here as our goal is that every guest will have an exceptional experience with us and leave with the intention of returning to us. We're sorry that we didn't seem to reach that goal this time!. Our breakfast is fresh, attractively presented, and varied. Hot tea is offered to every guest, and we do keep the coffee pot full so that our guests can help themselves, even though the innkeeper is usually in the breakfast room. We're sorry that we missed the opportunity to serve you, as that is what we (try to) do best! Our intention is to exceed our guest expectations (and we do, most of the time!), so it makes us sad that we failed you this time.
Crawfordville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We needed a quiet place to stay for our anniversary and The Little English Guest House was simply perfect. The room was beautifully done and the service provided by Tracy was wonderful. Location is perfect, and the personal touches made us feel so welcome. Would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Easy to locate, comfortable, immaculate, quiet, ample parking—all the things I look for in a place to stay. I was so glad to find this b&b in Tallahassee. Breakfast was delicious, and fun because we were able to talk with other guests. Plenty of towels, fast wifi, delicious scones & muffins, soft bathrobes—we definitely felt well looked after. Tracey is a warm & welcoming host, very accommodating even when weather caused us to arrive a bit later than we thought. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LittleEnglishGuestho, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your detailed review! We try hard to please every guest and are happy you were pleased with breakfast, parking and that we exceeded your expectations in all the things that make a stay great! After 11 years serving the traveling public we still focus on individual guests, you're not just "a number" to us! Hope to see you again on your future travels.
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We're always looking for alternatives to chain hotels and The Little English Guesthouse fits that bill perfectly.
It's set in a nice part of Tallahassee, close enough to the center but equally very quiet. Plenty of restaurants within close distance.
The B&B is run by a charming English Lady, Tracey. As you'd expect the place is full of almost cliché English 'bits & bobs' from bowler hats to Royal Family calendars - but it's none the worse for that.
The rooms are very comfortable, and the place is really quiet. Tracey is attentive but not overly so, so the stay is relaxing and luxurious.
It's certainly a place I would return to when a night in the State Capital is called for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Martino52
LittleEnglishGuestho, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We can see that you are a discerning traveler, so appreciate your high regard! Location is everything, and we are in a great spot in Tallahassee, that's for certain. Tell your family and friends to make the Little English Guesthouse their FIRST choice for lodging, so they too can enjoy a place that is "relaxing and luxurious". We look forward to your return visit.
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a great little place to stay! We were only in Tallahassee one night and decided to try The Little English Guesthouse. It's a lovely change from a hotel chain. It's in a very central and pretty part of Tallahassee with several top restaurants just a short drive away. Tracey is a wonderful hostess and ready to help with any area information that you may need. We stayed in the London Room which was so comfortable and quiet. This will now be our go to place to stay whenever we find ourselves in that area again.

Room Tip: The London room has a king bed and it is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bethany B
LittleEnglishGuestho, Owner at The Little English Guesthouse, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely words! Those who don't want to be treated like just a number LOVE staying at the Little English Guesthouse - and we're pleased to add you to our family of guests who agree! If you FB, make sure and join us on Facebook!