“Love this place!”

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Bamboo House is my favorite Chinese buffet restaurant in town. I learned to eat Chinese food there way back in the early 90s! I grew up in a town with NO Chinese restauratns, so it was great to be able to pick and choose from the buffet until I figured out what I like and don't like! I go there for lunch and dinner, usually a couple of times a month, and have several friends who do the same. Great food, good prices, nice staff! And it cracks me up that Kenny G is usually playing on the Musak!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank DBdolphin

Tallahassee, Florida
“You love it or you hate it.”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I love it, and I think most people do. The dining room is old and hasn't been updated in a long while, but it is clean and the food is good (I suspect people saying it was "disgusting," "dirty," etc were not expecting a small local place when they thought "Chinese food buffet"). There are 12 or so main course options on the buffet, and there are always good vegetarian options as well as meat dishes. The dining room is always full of locals and they seem to do a lot of take-out business as well. I've honestly never ordered from the menu so can't say what that's like. I've taken a lot of friends here, and a couple of them just despise this place, but most go back regularly after I introduce them to it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TallyhoACA
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great authentic local buffet”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Same woman has been running the show there for years. Friendly staff. Goof variety. Many vegetarian options. Very tasty. I eat there once a month. Used to eat there weekly, but I always stuff myself silly.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ekohler13
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“bad food”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The food was disgusting, DO NOT EAT HERE unless you like eating dogs!!!! it smelt horrible my friend tried it and spat it out straight away, i was not happy spending so much money on food that was not cooked properly!

• Visited January 2013
Panama City, Florida
“This place is awful. Do not ever eat at this "restaurant" if you want good food.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The bamboo house is dirty, bathrooms are way beyond unsanitary, and the silverware was wrapped in a napkin having lipstick smears.

The food is miserable. It tastes like it was cooked two weeks ago and reheated every day.

I do not know how it got some positive reviews but, I can assure you I would not go to the bamboo house if they were paying me to eat the awful excuse for food that they serve.

• Visited March 2012