Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North
Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Rooms clean, beds comfortable, pleasant staff, fast check in. Great stay. Restaurant was very good. Great service by Spencer! Charming young man. Lemon martini was one of the best. Beer battered shrimp were excellent. Light and perfectly cooked. No need for the ? sauce. Salads choices were interesting combo of ingredients and delicious. My Bistro Salad had lots of blue cheese, fruit, and crisp variety of greens. Dressing not needed and was (like the shrimp sauce) ?. Hubby said his Cobb Salad was delicious. It was a beautiful presentation with a variety of offerings (eggs, chicken, blue cheese, avocado, grated cheddar, diced tomatoes). This Holiday Inn compliments the Company and makes Priority Club a pleasure!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We were passing through on our way west. Usually, interstate locations can be noisy with highway traffic. Not here, though. The building is just enough off the highway. Room was very quiet, beds firm and comfy. Bathroom was clean and stocked. After a nice sleep, we headed down to breakfast. While not included, it was Southern hospitality at its finest. The wait staff was helpful and attentive. The buffet was fresh and hot. Or you can order off the menu, which I did. Cooked perfectly. Food was yummy. The front desk was fast, accurate and courteous. Housekeeping was fast and pleasant, even at 9pm.. Overall, a great stay for the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Spent a quick overnight here while on a business trip. Room was immaculate and the bed was extremely comfortable. Slightly pricey for an interstate location but overall a very nice property. Front desk clerk was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a very nice hotel, but as soon as I walked in with my blue collar, redneck self, even though I am suppossed to be like the what I was staying with since I'm a manager now, I seen the looks and it really wasn't bad the ones that talked with me were plesant, I just felt out of place.
I will be back again, and hopefuly they will change a little for people like e, but I doubt it!!

Room Tip: The King rooms are the nicest you could exspect
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I found this hotel last year when I was in Tallahassee for business and this has been the place I stay whenever I am in town. It's a matter of fact I choose to travel an extra 90 minutes everyday when I am in town just to stay in this place. The hotel is nice and clean but the main feature in my opinion is their service. The front desk staff is very friendly, helpful and professional, the same thing with the restaurant staff. I would say this is one of my most favorite hotels to stay when I travel for business

However like everything else they are not perfect. I was greatly disappointed with the way I was treated during my last stay, the week of December 3rd. When I checked in to stay for a week, as I always do I made a special request. Most of the time the response from the staff has always been polite, professional, respectful and positive even when they could not meet my request. Last time I was checked in by a young man name "S". When I made my customary request he refused and when I asked the reason his demeaner was not very friendly. I was polite the whole time and I thanked him. After he gave me the key I went to my room but the keys did not work. I came back and asked him to redo which he did. The same thing happened for the second set of keys. Both times "S" did not even offer an apology for the inconvenience, he acted like nothing happened. After the second time I got frustrated and quietly I asked to talk to the manager. The manager came out and I made my special request to her. The turned around to tell "S" to grant my request without saying one single word to me or even looking at me. I was very disappointed but in certain way I think the reason I was because I have come to expect a very high standard from this hotel. I wanted to mention that although being unfriendly, unprofessional "S" was at no time being rude to me at all.

Although with a minor incident I experienced during the last time I still highly recommend this hotel for their good services and GREAT STAFF. I will definitely stay there again which I just booked for another week in January. I am crossing my fingers that "S" will not be the one who will check me in next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

A nice property, good location. Rates are somewhat high. Front desk friendly, house bar and restaurant unfriendly and demeaning. Food not sampled. Attitude is terrible. Sleep and leave. Customer service is not a priority.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I made a reservation for October 21st one night, when my wife and I checked in the young man on the desk was not trained properly, did not reconize me as a priority club member and did not follow through on what he needed to do for my reservation. Three weeks later when doing my expense report noticed that the property had charged me the wrong rate. I called and left a message for the GM, then after not hearing back from him then contacted guest relations with IHG. They said the property had 48 hours to contact me to solve the problem. After 60 hours and no response from the property called guest relations again. Guest relations called the property while I was on hold and after about 5 minutes came back on the phone and said he had just talked with the GM and that he needed me to fax a copy of a card to the hotel and that they would then credit me the amount that was not to be charged. I then called the GM that I had left a message with 4 days prior and told him I thought that they were not be proactive solving this issue that I have had to make numerous calls and no one in management would call me back. It had to take guest relations from IHG to call to get them to do anything. Still do not know if anything is being done. After speaking with the GM and telling him the problem he just said thank you for calling and hung up.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Danny E,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Tallahassee North / I-10 & US 27. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen Gray