“We've stayed in better”

Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I must preface this comment by saying that I believe in brand loyalty. When on the road we always try to stay at a Hilton property. We have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns. This one, however, did not live up to what we have come to expect. I must also say that the staff at this property is probably the friendliest we've ever encountered. Jenny, who was working the front desk, was especially empathetic. We encountered several housekeeping issues which we found needed immediate attention. I won't go into details, but I expect that once the property manager and the head of housekeeping get together and look at the problems that they will be addressed. I would recommend this hotel as it is quiet, close to shopping, and restaurants. Although on the Hilton website it says that this property was renovated in 2014, I honestly don't think the renovations happened in the rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet L

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is physically attractive and the rooms quite comfortable. Air conditioner was excellent (important in Florida!) After a late night out Saturday, we were looking to enjoy breakfast in the hotel... it was very good the last time we stayed there, and we didn't want to battle the crowds at the traditional breakfast restaurants nearby. At 9:50AM, they were already putting away the food from the breakfast buffet. The sign said they would serve to 10AM, but they were already closing up 10 minutes early. I think stopping breakfast at 10AM on a Sunday morning is too early. I asked for a later checkout so we could go get breakfast nearby, but was told no. So we had to pack up, check out and leave for the day, instead of a relaxing, comfortable Sunday breakfast. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while we were in Tallahassee for a wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They made sure we were able to have an early check in to ensure we made it to the wedding on time. Customer service experience was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I don't travel too often but when I do I like to relax and enjoy myself, often because it is for leisure. This hotel staff was very friendly and I enjoyed having a keurig in my room and the appearance of the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was your typical HGI hotel from top-to-bottom. There was nothing outstanding about this location but also nothing that bothered me. It does have an outdoor pool. Location is a short drive into downtown and there are a couple of restaurants nearby. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Do not try to eat at the breakfast at this hotel, the staff is the worst there is. This is another area of concern to me, they want me to complete the survey but demand that I use at least 200 characters. Is that designed to keep people from using this site and posting a review? Makes me wonder so any way, next time in TLH think I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John F
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a nice economy hotel. The reception, lobby and dining area were very modern and clean. The staff was very polite and considerate.
The room and bath were comfortable. The only note I have is the AC unit was loud and kicked on and off constantly. I side-stepped this by turning the fan mode to on instead of auto.
Breakfast is made to order. It was very good and fast. Large portions. Again, the staff was very polite and considerate.
The hotel is just down the street from the Capitol and 2 minutes from the mall. 5-10 minutes from FSU campus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple