“Ridiculously awful service”
Review of McClelland's Grill and Raw Bar - CLOSED

McClelland's Grill and Raw Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stopped in for a bite to eat with some friends. I was a few minutes later than my friends who ordered a water and lunch for me.The service was terrible!! It took 45 minutes from the time I got there to get my water. I did not see a waitress at all during this time. Refills had to be asked for after another long wait. Lunch took another 30 minutes to arrive. We had to repeatedly ask for the check. We asked to speak to the manager which took another 15 minutes. She seemed bothered to have to speak with us. She put for little effort to make things right. After speaking to us, our waitress returned to the table in tears. We heard repeatedly from the staff that the did not have enough help or cooks. The food was good but the services made it not worth it! It was an uncomfortable situation. Unless, you have two hours to spare at lunch, I would skip a visit to McClelland's!!!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

As a newly opened venue, one can expect some glitches. There were plenty. They were out of the featured cracked conch and then fried oysters. Knowing they had a crowd for two nights we then opted for the fried calamari, conch fritters, fried gator, and a small salad. The fritters lacked a taste of conch and seemed to have the same very heavy batter as did the gator and calamari. Not particularly tasty. The salad came to the table last and some of the lettuce had turned black. When noting this to the server she apologize and said she would let the kitchen know. They still charged for the salad.

We won't be back unless we hear of rave reviews in the future. Shame.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

McClellands Grill and Raw Bar has a great commercial on the radio. Very catchy. My two sons went there several afternoon's ago for oysters and beer. The insides are very well decorated and the service is excellent. The menu has a tremendous selection of fresh seafood to fit any appetite. Although they do not have draft beer, the selection of cold bottles is just right. We had the conch fritters and raw oysters and they were perfect. Several of our family members ate there the week before and had outstanding fresh fish. It is definitely worth the time to check it out.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Ok. I started off with the smoked fish dip I would recommend it we also tried the conch salad it had too much vinegar. For an entree I had the salmon black and it was perfectly cooked excellent flavor. At the table we also had a mahi mahi grilled it was very juicy and delicious. We also tasted a roast beef sandwich the beef had an excellent flavor. The all you needed to be switched out it was a little too thick initially. But overall very good would return.