“Worst hotel in Tallahassee ”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #54 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Worst hotel in Tallahassee ”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is awful. I have stayed in older hotels but this one takes the cake. Dirty smelly can hear through the walls. It's feels damp inside ac doesn't work well at all. Stayed an hour and demanded a refund and left and drove home even though was 11 pm after being at the game all day.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank April H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

In my 40 years on earth, I have NEVER experienced a hotel like this before. This was the worse hotel ever. When you first pull up to the parking lot, you should know right then. When you walk into the lobby, the furniture is old and dirty. When you get on the elevator, there is a air freshner stick up in the corner, wow. When you walk down the hall you can't help but to take in this ridiculous smell of the carpert. And last but not least, the room, oh my goodness, the room. It was absolutely horrible. We stayed this week (5/4/13) due to FAMU graduation and it was the only hotel left. I wanted to sleep in the car but my husband refuse to let me. But trust me i would have. The room was so bad we had to go to Walmart and buy blankets and wash clothes and shower shoes to even stay in that hotel, it was just that nasty. This hotel really needs to be condemned, although I believe it was before this weekend the way it smelled as though it had been closed up for a while with the mildew smell. This hotel really needs to be taken off the website. But you know the worse part about it. I am reading the other reviews from last year and its still the same, which means the owners dont care and dont take any of our comments into consideration to try and fix the place up. So guys, do me a favor, and DONT book this hotel so they will have to close down.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank cherissem1973
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2013

we couldn't find the hotel orignilally and called the front desk for help. Well that was useless. He hardly spoke english and told me he couldnt give me directions! we were less than a block away... We finally got there and there were sketchy people hanging around the parking lot. I was scared right away I didnt even want to go in. The exterior was shabby and dirty it looked like it had mold or something on it. We didnt even get inside the lobby door before the nasty smell hit us. The front desk guy asked us to sign a rate acceptance paper... the paper said sign here if you acccept the above printed rate... well the rate spot was left blank and the guy said hed fill it in after... hello scam? we filled in the correct rate and handed it back. We recieved our keys and were in the first room, probally because there was noone else staying here. Our room smelled so terrible moldy wet nasty and like someone tried to cover it up by using an entire bottle of chemical cleaner. The window wouldnt open... not that i would have felt safe opening it since our view was of an alley with homeless people shoes and used condoms. The bathroom was nasty and the sheets and pillows were old and gross. We were going to suck it up until we discovered the roaches. I opened up the nightstand draw and a nasty roach crawled out! I screamed and ran out crying and let my boyfriend handle the rest.... We told the front desk guy who didnt even blink an eye. He said what do you want me to do about that? we just wanted our money back. And we left. He wouldnt even give me a tissue! DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: FYI there is no pool restruant and the 'breakfest' appered to be old coffee and muffins... C...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie X
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked this place this past weeken to attend a funeral on Saturday on the 28th, only because all others were booked due to the FSU gradutation. Like others, I checked in at 10:35 PM, and checked out at 11:15PM. The room was filthy, not vaccumed, smelly, dirty blankets, and holes in the sheets. We took the blankets off, and asked for sheets to put over us, but less than an hour we saw so many baby roaches that we decided not to stay, and checked out. I would never revisit this hotel, if it were the last hotel on earth!!!!! This place should be "SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY"!!!!! I have never seen any thiing like it. I paid $157. I can only hope to get my money back!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ms C B
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2012

OMG... I took out my laptop just to write this review on this place. I booked this place at $149 due to FSU graduation. This was the only place online I could book. And I have to say I didn't even want to take a bath here. I saw three roaches in my room... No... take that back, I just saw a fourth one... just now. Ok, my aunt just killed the fifth one... Well we getting up outta here cause these roaches keep coming... So DONT COME HERE!!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lady K
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Worst hotel ever!! Roaches, dirt, bad smells, dirty carpet and towels, old furniture and the worst of all: ROACHES!!! Keep away from this terrible place, better sleep in your car

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends