“Amazing Staff, great location all for a great price!!!!”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Panglao Island, Philippines
“Amazing Staff, great location all for a great price!!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I had to travel to Tallahassee for a business trip about a week ago (Feb. 26) and fell upon this hotel, it is in a great location (not quite as far not to close but right off of the interstate) to my destination. Upon arrival around 8pm I was greeted warmly by a staff member at the front checkin, which was very pleasant/professional and helpful by the way. Being that I did not not know much about the town she gave me a lot of choices of food and activities, then reminded me to let her know if I needed anything. During my stay I encountered about 3 more employees and each one smiled and greeted me making me feel very comfortable. Overall I had a wonderful experience and would and will recommend to my colleagues, Round of applause!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Room was clean, spacious but our room was right next to hotel's 3 AC units. It was very noisy, couldn't sleep good that night. Room AC constantly kick in too. Oh garbage truck was there for pick up very early in the morning or late at night. You will hear that too.
Just ask for A room not near AC units.

• Stayed February 2012
Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Our recent visit to the Staybridge was disappointing. We arrived at about 5 p.m. tired from the long drive. The check in counter was near the front entrance and no one was there when we walked in. We waited at the counter for about five minutes with no sign of any employee in sight. We went to the lobby to look for someone and it was crowded with guests. There were no employees that we could identify. We walked back to the check in counter and stood for another five minutes. Finally, we took out our reservation and called the phone number on it in an effort to locate somebody who would check us in. The phone rang and rang as we stood there. No one appeared. We were very frustrated and would have left, but at that moment a staff person appeared from the direction of the lobby. Perhaps she had been socializing with the guests. Ironically, she wore a name tag describing her as "Director of First Impressions." Right. She made no apologies for our wait. We finally checked in to our room and wanted to find a local restaurant. That's when we found out that this hotel is about a 20 minute distance from most Tallahassee restaurants.

The rooms are comfortably equipped but ours had an air unit that was very noisy and ran nonstop. Nonstop, that is until the power went out at 2 a.m. and the generator right below our window kicked on. It was extremely LOUD. Soon the room was airless as well as pitch dark. There was no emergency lighting in the room. The noise of the generator and the stuffy room made it impossible to sleep. The power finally went back on at about 4, but it was not a pleasant night. We were exhausted in the morning. We won't be back to this Staybridge because there are many other hotels in Tallahassee that are more conveniently located. It is difficult to overlook a bad first impression.

Room Tip: Get closer to Tallahassee.
5 Thank nys
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This place is on the outskirts away from the universities and the capitol buildings. Yet it was excellent and next to I-10 for easy access. Service was good with a staff and manager that actively anticipated your needs. Rooms were spacious, quiet, and well-stocked for long term stays. Breakfast was just okay but in especially nice surroundings. It had a campus setting on an attractive lake standardly equipped with geese and on my visit a red, white, and blue hot air balloon. Evening snacks included spirits, juice, coffee, etc. There is an amazing theatre room for guests. Dining nearby is tricky. There is a Subway within a nearby gas station and less than a mile away a grocery store with a chinese takeout.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
Huntsville
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have stayed in many Tallahassee motels and after staying here in Jan. 2012 I believe this is as good as there are and at a very good price. The bedding was wonderful and all furniture were great. The room and the entire motel was clean. They furnished a computer in the room that was reasonably fast. Complementary breakfast was good and well attended. Eating area was pleasant and motel staff were very friendly. Distance to town and FSU was not a problem with the Interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms are cheaper starting Thu. and ending Sat.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FloridaGator086
Beach, North Dakota
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here for one night with our 6 year old son. Suites are quite large and have every amenity you could want, including an iHome alarm clock. Towels are softer than most and bed was very comfortable. Very quiet location (no highway noise), yet quite convenient to I-10 and downtown Tallahassee (about 15-20 minutes to FSU). Breakfast was fine and staff were quite friendly and helpful.

Recommend highly!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JDinTLH
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here overnight while traveling. This property is 15 minutes east of Tallahassee, fairly new, and very nice and quiet. We had a queen suite, which had a very comfortable bed, a couch, a small kitchen, full bath, and a tv that swiveled so it could be seen from either the couch or the bed. Also had HBO, which was a plus. But the biggest plus was the computer that came with the room at no extra charge! We were able to check the weather and our emails! Breakfast was very nice - muffins, bagels, cereals, fruit, sausage patties, and eggs. Price was $30 less than the motels closer to town. We were impressed!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple