“Best Hotel in Tallahassee” 5 of 5 bubbles

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Best Hotel in Tallahassee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2008

I found this place on tripadvisor, it was the best sounding place that took dogs, and it was awesome. Loved my room, little apartment layout, the dogs were very welcome and very happy here; some of my FSU buddies also booked rooms here, and very seriously told me it is by far the nicest hotel they've ever seen in Tallahassee. So there you go!

• Liked — location, room, free breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tashy1019

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

What can I say, everything about this hotel was absolutely perfect! Location was great, grounds were beautifully maintained, friendly staff and gorgeous rooms! We stayed for two nights, hated to leave. Fantastic value and wonderful hotel, we will only stay here in the future. Thanks Staybridge!!!!

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — Having to leave :)
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelDragonFl
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2008

My boyfriend, two cats and I stayed here as night one of our cross country road trip. We needed a nice, clean and pet friendly place to stay and after having read other reviews on Tripadvisor I felt confident booking here. I made my reservation over the phone with Staybridge Suites Tallahassee which was a fast, efficient and pleasant experience. Even the staff was friendly when we arrived late in the evening, ready to welcome us and get us settled in. There really isn’t any where close by to eat late at night but they had a little grocery store type place in the hotel where we ended up getting some things to pull together a little dinner. The entire property was extremely clean and well kept and the room was no exception. It felt more like a suite when we opened the door, there was a full kitchen, desk with computer and free wi-fi, couch, big tv and dvd player, comfortable bed and spotless bathroom. Our room felt brand new yet comfortable and cozy at the same time. We loved it here! The breakfast in the morning which was free of charge had a large spread, including hot items such as eggs, meat, waffles, oatmeal as well as pastries, cereal and fruits. It was a great way to start the day and then be able to set out on the road with full tummies. Our stay was short but we wished we could have stayed longer. After staying many places along our road trip, we still feel that this place tops the list as one of the best!

• Liked — That it was pet friendly and clean!
  • Disliked — Nothing...it was excellent!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CloverElizabeth
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2008

My daughter and I have been here for two weeks and will stay at least a month. We love it. Aside from one of the stove burners not working and the cleaning crew leaving us w/o towels (which we had to go downstairs to get, because they don't bring them to your room), this place really is a great value. The rooms aren't very large, but they are comfortable and have everything you need to feel as "at home" as you can in a hotel. The granite and tile touches are nice. The free internet is great, except the computers have no speakers and the internet connection is very slow. I am in the business center as I write this, because the computer here is way faster. However, it is still nice to have free access to the internet w/o having to bring your own computer. The in-room clock has an I-pod docking station so my CD's are no good here (lol), but tech savvy teens will like be happy. I didn't have a view of the pond, but we have enjoyed being able to walk on the dock and see the ducks and ducklings. The outdoor pool is heated (sometimes it trips - but just tell the front desk and they'll fix it). The free use of washer/dryers on the first floor is a big bonus if you plan to stay for more than a week. The full breakfast (daily) is awesome, and even the "sundowner" meals (3 x's a week) are good. Free beer, wine, juice, soda, coffee and assorted beverages, and they even bake fresh cookies most days. The staff is super friendly. You can also pick up a complimentary copy of USA Today at the front desk. The hotel has a shuttle, which I haven't used. I commute to Florida A&M and it takes about 30 minutes to get there from the hotel in the morning and 45 minutes on the return trip in the evenings (rush hour is awful in Tallahassee). I chose this hotel because it allows pets, even though we wound up not bringing our dog... but I am glad we stayed here. It is very comfortable! It is also zoned for an excellent elementary school (Buck Lake), if you are relocating with kids. Over all I would give this hotel an 9 out of 10. I have stayed at 5-star hotels before, where they didn't have as many amenities as this one. I would definately recommend this one to the well-seasoned business traveler. The gov't rate for 30+ days (on the fedrooms website) was $69/night but is higher if you are staying less nights. A few people are actually living here for a year at a time!

• Liked — kitchen in room & full breakfast - great front desk staff
  • Disliked — bed not too comfortable
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business