“Clean and quiet hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and quiet hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Nice spacious suite in an excellent location just off interstate 10, although you wouldn't know that as you cant hear any traffic from the hotel. Limited but very nice free breakfast buffet, our son loved making his own waffles and the coffee was good. During the week they also offered free beer and wine for a limited time; unfortunately we were too busy to take full advantage of this service but did stop for a quick glass of wine one night. All in all a nice friendly clean hotel and we will be back one day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Huntsville
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Thank you for wonderful weekend visit! The hotel was spotless and quiet! Even though it was filled to capacity the breakfast area was well kept and food options were plentiful. We loved the room and the pool and will definitely stay here every time we return!! PS: The air-conditioner rocks!!!

Room Tip: I doubt this hotel has a "bad room"!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here while dropping our daughter off at FSU.
The room was very clean, quiet and the location, while not close to campus, was beautiful and peaceful. So many Tallahassee hotels have complaints about the ouse and traffic, so we opted to stay a little further out for some peace and quiet.
Good decision. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel was awesome and the day time staff were great, but the reason that I'm giving the hotel an average rating is because of the staff that checked us in at 2am. There was no line and no one in the hotel lobby except one more person who was also waiting on the front desk staff to actually do her job. It took 25 minutes to check-in simply because the staff was either incompetent or simply lazy. This definitely does not reflect the awesome staff that checked us out the next day. Action definitely needs to be taken against the lady that checked us in on the very early morning of August 17th. Otherwise, great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear motivatedchampion ,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Marys
Reviewed 17 August 2013

These properties are geared towards the business travelers who are staying a long period of time. There are plates, utensils, pot and other items, stuff you normally will not find in a hotel. Which is great. the only problem I faced was the dang internet speed. This is a major issue for me and that's why I am giving you three star rather than five stars. The internet speed was just terrible. It was almost as bad as dial up, but at least dial up is consistent. I have to logon to remote computers via internet big part of my work, could not even establish a connection using your internet. I had to use my own mifi. Please upgrade the internet speeds at the hotel !

Room Tip: Don't count on the internet at the evening times!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about our property. I was pleased to see your comments in regards to our suites, but concerned about your internet speed. We currently subscribe to 7mb upload and 7mb download speeds. After reading your review, I have contacted our internet provider to run a diagnostic on our building to see what our peak speed is and to recommend a specific increase to our bandwidth.

I want to make sure you know that we appreciate all comments from our guests, and if it is something we can control, we will do our best to improve where we can.

On your next trip to Tallahassee, please stop by and say hello, and feel free to use our "soon to be" much faster internet. I am also going to share your comments with our IT group so they may have a better understanding of our guests needs.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is very accommodating, Mon-Thurs they have a free dinner where all the hotel guest get to know one another.They have a great lake with faux alligator heads(which is entertaining for the children) and lake is filled with turtles,ducks,and fish. Also, they have a pool,basketball court, volley ball, and a pool. If you have dirty laundry you can also wash for free! The staff is wonderful, and one of the staff's daughter plays guitar and sings every Wednesdays!We will come back the next time we're in Tallahassee:)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words in your review. I love the gator heads too. They are actually there to manage the birds. Because the gators are natural enemies of birds, we put them there to scare off the water foul to give our baby fish time to mature and grow. Although the kids love them and tell us fun stories of the 4 gators we have and how they move about. LOL.

I will share your comments about our entertainment on Wednesdays with Ellie. She performs in different spots around town and is so much fun. She is the daughter of our Food and Beverage Supervisor and does a great job.

We look forward to your return trip.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I drove from West Texas to South Florida with 2 kids and we spent one night at this hotel. It was clean, pet friendly, and had plenty of space for all of us. I think it gave me the best bang for my buck of any hotel that I've stayed in in the last 10 years. It has beautiful grounds, is close to a grocery store and a really good Chinese takeout place (Eastern Pearl). The breakfast was fresh, well-stocked and delicious. It was such a relief to stop at a nice hotel on a long and exhausting trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family