“Excellent”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I recently stayed at Staybridge in Tallahassee. I must say I had a wonderful time and slept good all night. The frontdesk person was phenomenal. I think her name was Holly. She made us feel very good after a long trip. Service like that is rare! Also the scenery was beautiful and grounds well kept. Will definitely be returning in the near future. Thanks Staybridge for a wonderful time. And thanks Holly, you made a wonderful impression on us.

• Stayed: December 2013
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I just want you to know what a great impression that you have made with Holly. She reads our reviews (as well as all of the staff), and was so happy to see your comments. I was so happy to see it was titled "Excellent"!
I agree 100%, of course we have been the #1 hotel on Trip Advisor in our city for over 2 years, so I am a little bias.

Thank you for writing such a great review.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed for four nights which included Thanksgiving. We have not stayed at a Staybridge before and can really recommend this hotel. The location suited our needs. The area was quiet. We had a room overlooking the lake which we really liked. My husband used the rods that are available to fish the lake.
The breakfast choice was good. We had been travelling for four weeks in various hotels so we were a bit fed up of eggs and sausage patties. There were other alternatives, fresh fruit, cheese and tomatoes, oatmeal, and various other cereal.
We enjoy two evenings of food and beverage for two hours on the Tuesday and Wednesday. ( Thursday was Thanksgiving so there was no food available in the evening)
We chose a studio suite and we were able to self cater a couple of evening we were there. There are plenty of pots and pans to manage a simple meal.
The studio was very comfortable, with a sofa to sit on. My only complaint is that there is not a big table and chairs. There were just two small coffee table to eat off.
I would stay here again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I was so happy to see you had a great stay. I did note the comment about no large table in the Studio Suites. We wanted to make sure to maximize the space to include our full kitchen with full sized appliance, and thus our Studio Suites could not fit a larger table. We do offer one bedroom suites that do have a granite countertop bar in the kitchens in addition to a separate living room and bedroom as well.

The next time your travels bring you back to our area, please reach out to me. I want to make sure we get you in a room that will be just right. We are so lucky to have different room size options from Studio Suites to One Bedroom Suites to even an 1000 sq ft Two Bedroom Suite that also have a fireplace.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My Family and I stayed during the Thanksgiving week! It is right off the highway, but it does not even feel like it is near it w/ all the trees around. We got a 1 bedroom, 1 bath. It had a kitchen. It did not have an oven, but small stove top! It was clean, although they do need to do a better job when it comes to deep cleaning because the curtains and the couch looked like it had drink stains. There was a pull out couch that my sons slept in and I have to say that the mattress has seen better days! I felt bad that it barely had any padding to the coils, but I placed extra blankets to make due. They offer free wi-fi and there was a decent selection of TV channels. The laundry was free..which was a plus!! There was a workout room which was decently sized. They did have a fire pit outdoors that was lit and we hung out around it on Thanksgiving day! They did offer breakfast. For a holiday there were many travelers out and the breakfast was packed, but they did a good job of keeping up on the food. Coffee was the only thing that always seemed to run out. They had a small lobby area so there never seemed enough room. I can see the outdoor patio being used to seat guests, but it was to cold, so we brought our food back to the room and made coffee there. It is not to far from shops and down town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for commenting about your stay. I was so happy to read that although very busy with families, that our team was able to keep up with such a high demand for breakfast. We added the fire pits last year so that families could gather around them in the few, but cold nights we have here in Tallahassee.
I have noted the issue with the sleeper sofa mattress and have passed this on to our Operations Manager to investigate. We are entering into our renovation phase in 2014 and those mattresses are on our list to replace for sure.

Thank you again for a great review.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I can't say enough about Staybridge!!! My husband and I have had some milestone moments at this hotel from a baby shower in their spacious banquet rooms to pizza with friends in their intimate theater room with leather recliners, to most recently our baby's 1st birthday party. The customer service and accommodating staff really made us feel like a priority! That extended from Mrs. Lynne Troelstrup on down to the front desk clerk who always greeted us with a smile. Not to mention the helpful staff members James, Christopher and Sergio! In my opinion, Staybridge Suites is one of Tallahassee's little secrets. We will not hesitate choosing Staybridge Suites again for our next milestone moment :)

The Gumbels

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We too have had a great time developing the relationship with you guys and look forward to being your first choice in not only lodging, but events as well.

As always, much appreciated.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

It was great, just two little problems: (1) climate control was out of our control. Genreally a bit too chilly during the day and always in the halls, (2) the desk chair kept collapsing, oh maybe a third thing (3) the free wifi required that you constantly re-login periodically

Other than that it was a swell place to stay a few nights.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize about the minor issues. We do our best to ensure a perfect stay, but it seems we missed some items this time. I have personally inspected your room and replaced the chair, ensured the wall mounted thermostat is working correctly. With our complimentary Wi-Fi, to keep the speed at an optimal bandwidth, we do require re-login periodically to ensure we do not have a device using much of our speed in an idle position. We find that is the best way to ensure we keep our speed as fast as possible.

I have contacted our IT team with your comments so they are aware of the issue as well. I appreciate your feedback on your stay. This allows us to improve in areas where we can.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I, traveling with an elderly dog, stayed on night at this hotel. The staff was cheerful and efficient. We were warmly received upon check in and the front desk attendant answered all our questions. We were surprised that the one bedroom king suite was so spacious! It was very well appointed, clean and comfortable. We own our own company and have to check into work wherever we go, and the desk space and internet connectivity suited our needs perfectly. We arrived too late to go out for dinner, the front desk staff recommended DoorStepDelivery. We ordered online and had a delicious meal from Buca di Beppi delivered within one hour. The bed and linens were very comfortable, the bathroom clean and well appointed. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here Parent's Weekend at FSU. Not as close to the campus as the Marriotts we had stayed at in the prior year, but 9 miles was not too bad. Made Parent's Weekend reservation here because rates were less and the reviews were higher than many other hotels near the FSU campus.
The employee's were well trained and friendly. The breakfast was fine, didn't go to the dinner. The grounds were resort caliber in appearance. Our room overlooked their lake. Didn't use the kitchen facilities in the room for the 3 days we were there, but they appeared more than adequate for a long stay if desired.

This is a nice hotel well worth the good reviews.

Our only complaints was the broken shower curtain holder in our room (216) and their pet policy. I don't want your dog on my bed, and it creeps me out knowing that last nights guest had their dog laying on my pillow. If pets are confined to a certain block of rooms then I wouldn't fret, but if they have a policy that allows pets in all rooms then I might pick another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple