“Clean and Quiet”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Georgia
“Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Finding a clean hotel in the Tallahassee area can be a challenge. As my usual haunt has either lost or surrendered its franchise with their hotel chain, I decided to give this one a shot. I have never stayed at a Staybridge before, so I was a bit apprehensive.

The rate was decent. The room was immaculate: absolutely spotless. I even checked behind furniture. The motel was also quiet, which may be due to the fact that most of the other guests were elderly.

The only disadvantage was that I had to drive a few miles to find a restaurant. The motel is located in a business park with neither stores nor restaurants nearby.

The Staybridge Suites seems to be more or less geared toward the business traveler that would spend several days with them. I spent one night, arriving after dark, and leaving early in the morning. If you are looking for a place to call your "home away from home" for a few days, this hotel would likely serve your purposes very well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank advocon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a great property in very many ways. The staff is terrific and the rooms are spacious but beware if there is a party going on. We were on the fourth floor and were thumped and bumped until midnight by a party on the first floor. My wife called the desk about 10 pm to complain. She was assured the music would be turned down. Perhaps it was but my bed was still telegraphing the bass notes at midnight. At checkout we were given a room charge adjustment that helped ease the pain. Thanks, Staybridge.

Room Tip: Lake side views are lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear laughan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
pt st lucie, florida
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is our third time here and its the best place to stay in Tallahassee. Kind employees, awesome rooms and beautiful surroundings, topped off with breakfast. We have family in the area and this will be our "go to" hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank idealden
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We agree with all the good things other reviewers have written about this hotel. Our room was great, the reception staff were enthusiastic and welcoming. The happy hour reception was an unexpected and most enjoyable bonus.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff T
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I made last minute reservations for this hotel after driving a distance. My husband and I were tired and needed space to relax and get away from the other. Staybridge fit the bill perfectly. Two rooms, 2 tv's! Heaven! He could watch football Sunday afternoon and I could be happy too. Free laundry to wash some things after our 10 road trip. The staff was helpful bad courteous too.
One thing to keep in mind.....the nearest restaurants, shopping and civilization is one exit east on the highway. And it's dark at night. Get everything you need and hunker down in a nice room and comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 59jan
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I was so pleased to see your comments. I agree that the restaurants are not very close as some other properties in our city, but I am so happy that it affords us a peaceful and quiet environment. I was happy to see that our oversized suites allowed you and your husband to spread out and enjoy your stay and get some laundry done as well.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on December 23, booking thru Expedia. I'll dispense with the hotel's claim that they fully disclosed their pet policy, to move right to the $75 non refundable "deposit." This is regardless of whether you are staying there one week or as in our case, one night. I gave the manager a chance to respond to this, as well as a poor check in process, but he, like everyone else I encountered, stood by their corporate policy and did absolutely nothing to improve my experience. If you are a dog owner looking for a one or two night stay, I'd pick somewhere else.

Room Tip: This is a new hotel, so the rooms are nice. Their pet policies and staff empowerment are poor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John Jay M
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I apologize that our phone conversation about the pet fee was not to your satisfaction. While I understand that a $75 fee for a one night stay may seem high, we are an extended stay hotel and many of our guests stay for a great length of time. The $75 fee is for 1 - 6 nights. Our pet fee is in - line with other pet fees charged by similar hotels with similar amenities in our market.
I was glad I had the opportunity to explain that our fee covers the additional cost that housing a pet brings. In addition to shampooing the carpeting and fabric furnishings, we also remove all bedding including the bed skirt. This ensures that the entire room is completely returned to a like new environment for the next guest who may perhaps have an allergy and would not like to stay in a room where a pet has been. In some cases, we must place the room out of inventory and can not sell it the night after a pet has been in the room to allow all fabric surfaces and carpeting to dry.
As a pet owner myself, I certainly understand that traveling with our furry friends can be expensive and sometimes it may seem the best option is to board our animals, but I am so glad there are pet friendly properties such as ours that allow me to travel with my dogs. It would be much more expensive to board my animals when I travel, and I would not be able to see their wagging tails welcoming me home.
I did notice that your reservation was booked through Expedia and not the hotel directly. I did verify that the pet fee is noted on our website as well as the Expedia website too. I apologize if you feel mislead, but the policy is clearly noted on all websites, and allows our property to welcome all guests to a like new condition.

Thank you again for commenting about your stay.
Conway
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Dec. 30. Our room was spacious and clean, with a full kitchen. It was delightful to walk around the lake upon our arrival. One thing that we really appreciated was having REAL dinnerware and silverware at breakfast. Such a nice touch! The hotel was off the interstate so it was quiet and conducive to a good night's sleep. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 20Carolyn10
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was so happy to see your review. I will be sharing your comments with the team.

Sam