“Nice Hotel, Nice outside space”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Nice Hotel, Nice outside space”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were breaking a journey from Savannah on the way to New Orleans, this hotel was excellent, they do a managers reception Tue, Wed & Thu and it was so good we didn't bother going out to eat that evening. At the back of the Hotel is a small lake and we spent a pleasant evening sitting out with a beer (they sell a small selection in the shop). Room was good, Breakfast OK. would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Wow, and Thank You! What a great review. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful surroundings as well. When you travel this way again, please look us up, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had read the reviews and it sounded like an excellent choice. It lived up to and exceeded my expectations. I was greeted by a smiling young lady who had everything ready and waiting so my check in took a matter of seconds. Opened the door to the room and was shocked at what I saw. It was huge with a full size fridge and a nice living area. Comfortable bed and a quiet room make for a nice rest. The breakfast the next morning is as nice as most Sunday buffets, with eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, cereal and an assortment of juices. And of course, coffee! When I arrived back that evening, there was another buffet layed out for dinner. They give you a menu which shows what they are serving and all of it is good! I should mention that it is only during the week that they have the evening spread. I cannot think of one thing to say was bad other than I did not care for the toliet paper. Sad when that is all there is to complain about. I will definately be back next time I am in the area. Nice pool area, basketball court(bring your own ball), work out area. Remember, this is a hotel that caters to people who stay longer than one night so your room only gets a lite cleaning every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside overlooking the pond, top floor if you can get it, the elevators are...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I came to Tallahassee for the FSU spring game. The location was not that far from the stadium. Less than 10 miles. The view that the hotel offered was so beautiful. The lake was a little oasis. A big plus for me was they like to preserve the wildlife. We saw turtles everywhere, such a neat experience for children. The breakfast buffet was great. The room we were given was HUGE! Bigger than our first apartment! Very spacious and very clean. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be staying in the Tallahassee area! We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Knscharmann
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and kids for one night as a rest stop during our Florida roadtrip. When traveling with kids, it is very important to my wife and I that we have accommodations with plenty of space. This property met our needs. Our suite had everything that was needed to give us a break from the "pleasures" of road tripping with kids (6yo and 9 month old) in the back seat. We were able to spread out and relax. The free breakfast in the am before taking off to our next destination was a plus.

The only two negatives that I would like to share are as follows.

Service: After travelings for so long, it would have been great to have been greeted with a smile. The guy at the front desk seemed a little surly.

Location: Not the best location in reference to restaurants or gas stations. If you are staying here during a road trip, I would recommend that you stop for food prior to check-in on your way in. This hotel is a pretty good distance from anything at all. And the local pizza delivery restaurants are subpar at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jetsetter678
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay with us. I have noted the two items you mentioned for improvement. I have contacted the 4 pizza delivery places and spoken with their management and shared your comments. I felt it was important to share this information with them so they have an opportunity to improve. I have also addressed the issue of the front desk not wearing his smile.
I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your stay. I hope the next time you are passing through, you will stay with us again.

Safe Travels!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

To be honest, I only stayed at this hotel because IHG is running a points program where the more brands you stay at the quicker you get to their platinum status. I wasnt really expecting much but I could tell things were a little different here from the time I pulled up to the property. Its not directly in all the traffic of Tallahassee (Good thing in my opinion) . Its not often I can say it felt like coming home but it did here. Very friendly staff. Property is great. Room was fantastic. I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Tallahassee.

Room Tip: get a room that looks to the lake
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bamawolf2001
Thank you so much for your great review. I was so pleased to see your comment about feeling you were pulling up to home. We call our hotel our Lake House....I must say we are blessed to work at such a peaceful location. We do work hard to ensure our service levels match our physical property level, and WOW our guests.

I am glad you were able to experience the difference here at our hotel.
West Side, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Rooms are spacious,clean, and fairly well laid out. Monday thru Thursday, Staybridge offers a nice managers happy hour which includes beer, wine, and some food. A really nice and convenient offering because there are few choices for food and drink nearby.
The one advantage Hampton Suites has over Staybridge is the bedding. Staybridge's is not nearly as comfy and luxurious feeling. Still, overall, a great stay. Thumbs up recommendation.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms may tend to have a bit of highway noise, but it's far enough away that it wont l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate the time you took to review our Hotel. I was so happy to see your comments about our property. I did take note with your comment about our bedding. I have recently purchased a padded top for all of our mattress in the hotel in response to your comment. I think it is very important to listen to our guests when they are happy and when they are concerned as well. I want you to know I appreciate you letting us know about your stay. If our guests are not candid, we would never know where we need to focus.

Thank you again, and I hope you will stay with us when in our area next time.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here last night & were so pleased at our choice! We wanted something close to Highway 10 East & this was close, but removed enough to be pleasantly quiet. It was beside a lovely pond, the rooms were spacious & clean & all the staff very helpful & friendly. Breakfast was
really good with plenty to eat. We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. It was great to see you have a fantastic stay and even left with a full tummy. Our breakfast is yummy, I will agree. I am sharing your comments with our staff this week and I am sure they will have the same reaction as I did while reviewing them.

AWESOME!