“Great Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This location is a little out of the way, but it is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We liked that we had a kitchen and were able to make dinner instead of having to drive back to go to a restaurant. They had plenty to choose from for breakfast and we were surprised to find that they had a soda machine as well as juice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed there as part of a block of rooms for a wedding reception. First we had trouble booking the room because the front desk transferred us to a national reservations line that couldn't access the information for the reserved block. When we were finally able to reserve a room, the room that was described to us was not the room we got. Customer service is absolutely NOT a priority for them. Several times when my call was supposed to be transferred to someone else, I ended up getting a voicemail message, not a live person. When I asked to speak to a manager, the same thing happened, so I left a detailed message and asked to be called back. I never heard from him at all. Clearly they don't care. When I left a message in the sales office after finding out that the room I booked was not what was described to me, the person who called me back was very nasty and angry with me. I told her I was the disappointed customer and didn't understand what she was angry about. ZERO customer service skills. If I ever treated a customer like that, I would be fired.

Other family members experienced similar problems with booking the rooms and getting a room that was not what was described. Also, when one family member called the front desk from the airport to get directions to the hotel, the person responded, "I don't know. I don't live near the airport." Really? That's what they call good customer service?

Room Tip: Repeat back how they described the room and make sure they e-mail a confirmation that describes the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I was saddened to read about your customer service experience. I want to apologize for not getting back with you. I did get your voicemail on that Monday about your reservation that was to come in that previous weekend. The voicemail indicated that you were not sure if you were going to keep the reservation or not, and since I had gotten it after your reserved stay, I did not return the call.
Regardless, I wanted to apologize. I was confused about the group block information you noted. Most of our business at this location is group block related and this is the first comment like this I have seen. I will certainly speak with our sales team and see who you spoke with to get more information. I want to make sure we do our best to prevent this from happening in the future. In addition, I have spoken with all of the desk agents to ensure they are familiar with local area attractions and especially to and from the airport.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Whenever we travel West from Florida on I-10 we make a point of staying at this location.

The personnel, and facilities are outstanding. We have always felt welcome and comfortable here. During the week days they generally have a manager's reception in the evening, which is an added bonus. Breakfast is also very nice.

Convenient to I-10 and just plain wonderful!

Room Tip: Take a walk around the grounds and out to the dock on the lake....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2008floridatraveler
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were breaking a journey from Savannah on the way to New Orleans, this hotel was excellent, they do a managers reception Tue, Wed & Thu and it was so good we didn't bother going out to eat that evening. At the back of the Hotel is a small lake and we spent a pleasant evening sitting out with a beer (they sell a small selection in the shop). Room was good, Breakfast OK. would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, and Thank You! What a great review. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and our beautiful surroundings as well. When you travel this way again, please look us up, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had read the reviews and it sounded like an excellent choice. It lived up to and exceeded my expectations. I was greeted by a smiling young lady who had everything ready and waiting so my check in took a matter of seconds. Opened the door to the room and was shocked at what I saw. It was huge with a full size fridge and a nice living area. Comfortable bed and a quiet room make for a nice rest. The breakfast the next morning is as nice as most Sunday buffets, with eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, cereal and an assortment of juices. And of course, coffee! When I arrived back that evening, there was another buffet layed out for dinner. They give you a menu which shows what they are serving and all of it is good! I should mention that it is only during the week that they have the evening spread. I cannot think of one thing to say was bad other than I did not care for the toliet paper. Sad when that is all there is to complain about. I will definately be back next time I am in the area. Nice pool area, basketball court(bring your own ball), work out area. Remember, this is a hotel that caters to people who stay longer than one night so your room only gets a lite cleaning every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside overlooking the pond, top floor if you can get it, the elevators are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I came to Tallahassee for the FSU spring game. The location was not that far from the stadium. Less than 10 miles. The view that the hotel offered was so beautiful. The lake was a little oasis. A big plus for me was they like to preserve the wildlife. We saw turtles everywhere, such a neat experience for children. The breakfast buffet was great. The room we were given was HUGE! Bigger than our first apartment! Very spacious and very clean. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be staying in the Tallahassee area! We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Knscharmann
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and kids for one night as a rest stop during our Florida roadtrip. When traveling with kids, it is very important to my wife and I that we have accommodations with plenty of space. This property met our needs. Our suite had everything that was needed to give us a break from the "pleasures" of road tripping with kids (6yo and 9 month old) in the back seat. We were able to spread out and relax. The free breakfast in the am before taking off to our next destination was a plus.

The only two negatives that I would like to share are as follows.

Service: After travelings for so long, it would have been great to have been greeted with a smile. The guy at the front desk seemed a little surly.

Location: Not the best location in reference to restaurants or gas stations. If you are staying here during a road trip, I would recommend that you stop for food prior to check-in on your way in. This hotel is a pretty good distance from anything at all. And the local pizza delivery restaurants are subpar at best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jetsetter678
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay with us. I have noted the two items you mentioned for improvement. I have contacted the 4 pizza delivery places and spoken with their management and shared your comments. I felt it was important to share this information with them so they have an opportunity to improve. I have also addressed the issue of the front desk not wearing his smile.
I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your stay. I hope the next time you are passing through, you will stay with us again.

Safe Travels!