“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Covington, Louisiana
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel was Very clean and new. Rooms are well appointed. Comfortable bed and bedding. The location is quiet. Hotel has outgoing, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend and we are quite picky about where we stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cajunsx2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Southwestern Florida. I choose it while en route while easting dinner because it was near I-10 and we expected to arrive there around 10PM. We had booked a standard room. We arrived at about 10 PM to check in. I don't know if the hotel was sold out of standard rooms or if it was because I am a Platinum Elite member of the IHG rewards club, but we were upgraded to an absolutely beautiful 2 bedroom suite -- for the price of a standard room! The suite was wonderful (3 TVs total), the beds were very comfortable, nice bedding, great showers (2 of them), etc. If I am in the area again, I will definitely stay here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pratt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Staybridge is just a bit off of the beaten path but well worth it. Very easy to get too but it is not close to eating establishments so make sure that you eat before arriving or even better go to the Publix just down the road and get something for dinner as you have a kitchen. We had a one bedroom suite and with the 4 of us it worked out. My husband and I had the bedroom and our daughter and her friend slept on the sofa sleeper. They did comment that they could fill the springs when the moved but that seemed to be the only complaint. They had a very tasty breakfast the morning we checked out. The staff we dealt with were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Be mindful that there are not restaurants close by.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel had everything you need and want.The breakfast they provided each morning was great. Great food and a great selection. Then through out the day if you happen to get hungry the pantry is always available w/ delicious snacks. As for activities to do, there is plenty options. I love the fact they give you poles to fish with or food to feed the geese. If that's not your cup if tea there's the pool, the fitness room, a basketball court, or a theatre. I highly doubt you'll get bored staying here. They also had dvd players in the room which was nice. Speaking if the room, it was wonderful! Beds were comfortable and more important it was very clean just like the rest of the hotel. Everything was clean and well maintained. I truly had a blast staying at Staybridge. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

• Stayed May 2014
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Staff is great and makes a great hotel even better. Rooms are spacious and comfy. Light dinner and breakfast are tasty.

Help support their charity by buying some "fish" food. Head out back to the large lake feed the turtles, fish and geese off the dock. Really a great place! Don't miss staying here when traveling through.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived at Staybridge Suites on a stormy night where the rain was coming down in torrents, so we were very glad that the hotel had a front portico to park under to offload the car.
The front desk staff was very polite and friendly and helpful too, regarding questions about getting to the University the next morning. We were offered fresh cookies, a nice touch after a long drive. Our room was clean and well appointed and the best part was being able to crack open the windows to allow fresh air in, as the night was cool.
Breakfast was served from early in the morning and it is complimentary, but that being said, you get what you pay for. Being vegetarian, it was near impossible to find something not of the animal variety to eat and the warm oatmeal I tried was tasteless and watery. I tried a bagel but it was hard and the muffins not much better. I cannot say what the bacon, sausages, eggs with ham or grits tasted like but they did not look too appetizing. Thank goodness the coffee was good. Fresh fruit was also available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sunny Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for four separate weeks since the beginning of this year, as was attending a conference at the office building next door. Extremely convenient! Complimentary breakfast each morning was very good, as had a mix of eggs, fruits, breads, waffles, drinks, etc. Room much larger than standard hotels. Some rooms conveniently had free internet access (with computer/keyboard in the room), and there was also a 'business center' downstairs that had computers as well as a printer (free!). Small kitchens in each room, including sink, microwave, stove, fridge/freezer, and even pots/pans/dishes/utensils. I was able to save some money by cooking in the room. A popular grocery store only about a mile away, and large retailers and restaurants only approx five miles down the road. I used the basketball court (just ask the front desk staff for the ball) and they also provide fishing poles if you wanted to drop a line off the pier in the large pond out back. Nothing but good things to say about all the staff I ran into. Complimentary food/drink on Tues-Thurs early evening was a plus as well. Nice deck/patio area in back of hotel overlooking the park-like setting, was pretty relaxing. Will have no problems staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business