“Our FSU Family Hotel”

Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our first experience with a stay at this hotel was after a tragic and sudden death in the family. The hotel and the staff WAS amazing. They went out of their way to help with anything they could. We had family coming from different places/states and they were accommodating with everyone and all of our rooms. Since that time we have stayed at this site for everything from visits for football games, family birthdays in the area, graduations in the area and most recently family and friends stayed at this site as my daughter got married in the area. Once again, in the same style and helpfulness that they handled everything during our family tragic time, they were absolutely wonderful during our families' happy celebration time!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2014

There were 5 of us -- not always easy. The two-bedroom, two-bath suite was perfect. Bring tennis racquets and basketball -- there's a court. We had the outdoor pool all to ourselves -- could use bigger towels, but that seems par for the chain. Setting couldn't have been nicer -- beautiful lake in the backyard, plenty of spots to sit outside, grill if you'd like. Breakfast was delicious and way more than the "continental-plus" they said. Front desk staff were EXCEPTIONAL. Not sure the name of the lovely lady who seemed to be there the whole time we were, but she made a point of making conversation with us as we pass in and out the front door, making us feel welcome. This was the nicest hotel in our pass through the IHG chain on our recent roadtrip through TN, GA, FL and AL -- nice job, crew!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night while visiting FSU with my two teens. We got a 1BR Suite with 2 Queen beds; it was on 4th floor in rear of building, overlooking lake, and was really quiet. The building and common areas look very nice and new, and the property is beautiful with a lake, dock, pool, basketball court, and deck with BBQ out back. We used the pool and got a ball to goof around the BBall court for a while, which was fun. The suite was also nice and clean with comfortable beds - not pillow top but decent support. One negative: beds had little square pillows instead of standard sized. I don't like that! The sitting area and kitchenette were decent sized, clean and comfy although the sofa cushions looked a little flattened from over-use. The bathroom was split, with toilet and shower inside the closed door and the sink just outside the door (basically in the bedroom). That was a little annoying since I was up before the kids and woke everyone up when I turned on the light to brush teeth and dry hair. Also the room had a little under-powered blow dryer attached to the wall, so I couldn't even bring it out to the sitting area to use. We had waffles, fruit, yogurt at the free breakfast - nothing fancy but convenient and included in rate. We were all pleasantly surprised by this hotel and would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Room 404 was great! Overlooked lake and away from elevators, so very quiet.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is nestled in an office park with a pond, fountain and flowing live oaks with moss. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I liked that the hotel was outside of town (on the east side of Tallahassee). The breakfast was your standard continental fair. The staff was very friendly and eager to help in any way. When checking in i asked for a quiet room. The staff put me on the fourth floor " where their long term guest stay". It was quiet. Thanks

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a lovely suite, shame we did not overlook the lake but hey you can't have everything. The hotel was beautiful. The staff were so informative and helpful.

The outside area is stunning, we fed the ducks and the turtles, just amazing.

Spent a while at the pool and chilled for the rest of the day.

Breakfast was ok but we were hitting the road early and did not fancy much to be fair so can not comment to much.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We needed a place to rest our heads for a night en route to Pensacola. This hotel came recommended by a friend and it did not disappoint. It is conveniently located just off of I-10. There is a large lake with a dock and gazebo to relax. There is a pool and basketball court. Breakfast is served as well as dinner on some nights during the week! It was an added bonus to not have to drive anywhere for dinner after a very long drive of getting there. The suites are spacious and come equipped with a kitchen and lots of room to spread out. There is a theater room off of the lobby for watching TV and a book swap. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. The prices were very reasonable for a suite. It would have been a nice place to stay longer...maybe next time!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My 3 kids and I stopped here one night on our long drive back to Texas. I have stayed at other Staybridge Suites and find they accommodate my family's needs well. I like having the kitchen and fridge...we always have stuff with us that needs to stay cool. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and a separate living area with a sofa bed. Plenty of space for a 9, 12, 14 year old plus myself. Clean, quiet and the kids enjoyed the waffles for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014