“Spectacular!”
Review of Sage

Sage
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 820 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Not sure if some of the other reviewers have ever dabbled in haute cuisine, maybe they have simple palettes....I've eaten in fine dining establishments all over the world and I was pleasantly surprised by this gem in an otherwise sports bar and chain dominated town.

I sampled several small plates and found everything to be unique, complex, and full of flavor. The presentation was superb, quality of ingredients second to none, and the service was also attentive but nit intrusive. In particular, I'm a connoisseur of onion soup and I was thrilled with the bowl I had. It was even a vegetarian recipe and still incredibly rich and full of flavor. Wow!

I'd easily go back when I'm in town again...great for business meals or just for socializing. There were several groups there who all seemed to have a great time...how could you not with tasty food, informal elegance and good company!

Kudos to the chef and manager...

PS..save room for dessert...the housemade sherbet was outrageous!

2  Thank Badgerhound
There are newer reviews for Sage

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Had a group of girls go to Sage for a birthday gathering. We were there for three hours, ordered every appetizer on the menu, each had entrees, and plenty of drinks flowing. The owner even arranged to have a special dessert made for the birthday girl. The service was beyond compare and the food was excellent (and we sampled everything)! It was a really fun, special afternoon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Went to this restaurant with some friends for lunch. Ordered the watermelon salad, which was listed under salads, not under beginning. The menu also noted that it included avocado and hearts of palm. The salad was the teeniest thing I have ever seen. It was essentially watermelon with a few tomato slices on top and a very small sprinkling of feta. There were no artichoke hearts or any avocado. And for this they charged $8.00! On top of that, the service was incredibly slow including the fact that it took forever for the waitress to bring our food and to refill our water glasses. Quite the rip off. I even emailed the restaurant to complain, but they sent no response.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was lovely. The service excellent. My wife loved the Scottish Salmon. My son loved the Shrimp Fettuccini. I had the pork tenderloin. The presentation was beautiful. The garnish was good. The pork however was way too salty

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our party of seven had an excellent meal at Sage on a Saturday night recently. The place did get crowded and noisy, but it was offset by the food and wine. Our server was attentive, and it was an overall great experience. We would definitely return. (Our bill came to just over $500).

1  Thank StThomasGuy