“Should be rated in the Top 5”
Review of Sage

Sage
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 847 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Their lunch and brunch is always fresh with daily specialty selections to change things up a bit. All their salad dressings are homemade. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is upscale, yet unpretentious.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Arrived for Sunday brunch as restaurant opened at 11am. Long line of people waiting but were seated quickly, we chose an outdoor table as it was a warm day. Service was good despite the restaurant being busy. Food was excellent, fresh, hot and really tasty. We indulged in desserts and they were superb. I can really recommend the flourless chocolate cake, it was light and fluffy like a mousse. All in all a very enjoyable meal .

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Luckily I had made reservations as several people were turned away when we were there. I can see why. Our meal was excellent and the wine list very good. I also liked the atmosphere. The only problem we encountered was slow (but pleasant) service as the time between when our salads arrived and the entree was uncomfortably long. Our server, Porsche, was very accommodating and offered us a glass of wine for our trouble.
The crispy Brussels sprout salad was a treat as was the beet salad. I had a snapper with black bean cakes and my husband had pork tenderloin marinated in tea. Both we're excellent.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Found Sage on TripAdvisor -- thank you for the tip. The restaurant happened to be very close to the nice B&B we found and so was very handy. We are both fussy about our food and thought that Sage did a very nice job with both quality and creativity. We both had excellent salads (I had a beet and goat cheese and my husband a fried green tomato). We shared 3 appetizers for our main course as we both like varied flavors. All 3 were very good starting with a crab filled crab cake, yummy duck confit crepe and lightly fried oysters. Atmosphere was bright and cheery and the overall noise and vibe just right.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I have been dining here several times a month for a long time and it is our favorite for upscale dining in Tallahassee. It is a small bistro that is very comfy with excellent food and service. There is ample parking and a lovely patio for dining outside in good weather. The dinner menu changes almost every week and always check out the specials which can be fantastic. It is usually crowded so reservations are recommended and can be made by phone or Internet