“Hidden Away But Great”
Review of Sage

Sage
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 802 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Tallahassee, Florida
“Hidden Away But Great”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Sage is a wonderful restaurant. Chef prepared food. Seasoned perfect. Limited menu but EVERTHING on the menu is great. Their wine reduction sauce is out of this world. At lunch they have a Quiche & Soup of the day. Quiche is great, large serving with salad. Free refills on drinks. Took a neighbor's child to lunch 1 day, he ordered their Hamburger, said the best ever, we took a bite & agreed, cooked to perfection. Nice Wine Menu. Waiters are very gracious, Seating is nice. Dinner Menu is more Fine Dining & pricey but worth it. A great place to meet an old friend for a long lunch or dinner with friends. Good for a business lunch or dinner. You will not be rushed. Every Date Day my spouse & I go. You will not be disappointed in Sage.

• Visited April 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Sage is not the rage”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife has lunch at the sage every now and then and raved about it. This resulted in my taking fout of us out for a full treatment of Sage cooking. I love sweetbreads done ala menuire. Sage's sweetbreads were more like ala manure- like little charred chestnuts that tasted like dried burned chicken liver. To compound the disaster the sweetbreadss were served on a bed of cold grits. Pardon, Y'all. So much for French cooking. We had wine and shared a desert running the bill up to over $400.00. My guests were not totally enamored with their fare. We would have been better off with takeout from Whole Foods. The waiter was pleasant and apologetic so I left him the full 20%. They fooled me once.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jim B
Tallahassee
“Nice Night Out”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After hearing about Sage for months, I chose it for my Birthday Dinner. We ate outside on the porch. Very relaxing and peaceful. The service was good, our server have several recommendations for food and our water glasses always filled! We had the Tempura fried Oysters for an appetizer. Unique and yummy! My husband and I shared the Scottish braised Salmon for our main entree. Very light and flavorful. We ended our meal with a homemade cookie, Snickerdoodle for him, Cashew White Chocolate for me. Both were nice sized and tasty. I tried the homemade coffee ice cream with my cookie, but it's taste was so strong I was disappointed. It was like frozen espresso. No sweetness at all. Worth trying, but make reservations as the seating is limited.

• Visited February 2014
“Serendipitous find!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch while passing through Tallahassee. I had the tomato soup with the eggplant, Portobellas, and pepper sandwich. Delicious! My husband had French onion soup with a ham sandwich. Also delicious. We left full & prices were reasonable. It was also close to the highway. My only regret was that I didn't get to sample the extensive wine list. Must stop of in Tallahassee!

Tallahassee, Fl.
“...Our Valentine Lunch was 'LOVELY'!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

.. Once again , Sage was our choice for Valentine lunch! Their Onion soup is the best since France! and the Chicken/Mushroom Crepe is always consistently delicious! We ordered a Sicilian Pinot Grigio and it was light, crisp and with citrus ovetrtones.. in other words .., perfection. My husband ordered one scoop of ( home made) coffee and bourbon ice cream... the bourbon ice cream is a definite 'died and went to heaven moment'! Our waiter was attentive and very professional. I highly recommend SAGE, when in Tallahassee! Our favorite spot! J. B. Dunn

• Visited February 2014