“Seriously, this is the worst restaurant I have been to, at least in decades.”
Review of Lan Xang - CLOSED

Lan Xang
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Unfortunately, I was taken by a local who apparently had never been to this restaurant. The ambiance was horrible: TV blaring; no other customers (that should have been a clue!), kids running around. The service was actually comical: brought wrong beverage; asked multiple times to repeat the order; waitress was extremely overly attentive to the point where we felt rushed (in an empty restaurant!?!) The food was less than mediocre: the salad was a small bowl of iceberg lettuce with dressing that didn't match any of the kinds stated as options; zero food presentation skills (e.g. phad thai just heaped in a bowl); one allegedly Thai dish didn't taste Thai at all, and the only vegetables were peppers and what appeared to be Chinese vegetables from a can. On top of this, it was not cheap - at least for what it was.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Tried to eat their sushi which was okay. Very americanized to heavy on sauce and you can't taste any fish. Don't try their "Special" because no prices are listed and you end up paying a lot for not much.Thai is absolutely terrible, ordered a Yellow Curry with Shrimp, came out with only 6 pieces of little shrimp. Description of the Yellow Curry has potato....it has none with a big tasteless waterdown curry. I don't think I have tried any curry that's this horrible. Worst $9 I've spent.

Reviewed 3 September 2009

The sushi is very good. I liked the Deb's favorite and dragon. Situated in a quaint little shopping center

1  Thank tallytriper
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We've followed the owner from place to place and were thrilled when he finally opened a place of his own. We've pretty much sampled the menu and have never been disappointed but the best of the best is Deb's Favorite: eel, cream cheese and avocado on inside; deep fried and topped with a variety of spicy fish.....so good it makes you cry.

1  Thank tallahassian
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I was put off by the cute name at first. My friend had brought over some of their sushi and I thought it was okay, but I like very fresh sushi, sushi so fresh it's almost warm (inside joke with a manager there!). We decided to try eating in there one night. We were the only customers there at first which we liked, it was quiet. The place is very small, sort of intimate, dimly lit, but it felt good. The server was polite and helpful. We chose to sit at the bar with the sushi chef before us. I'd never had so much talk with a sushi maker before as I had here. I'm always seeing these situations in the things I watch and read, so it was fun and interesting to sit at the bar and talk. We chose vegetable sushi and what was provided was beautifully laid out. There were these neat rolls made completely of vegetables and no rice, Nigiri-zushi with a variety of delicious plump asparagus, sweetened and sliced squash, and avocado. The uramaki had standard fillings but it was delicious and very well-made. Sitting there at the bar with the nice sushi-maker helped me to feel less scared to ask for custom sushi next time. The other dishes we ordered were also excellent--the tom yum soup was as spicy as I'd hoped and the yakisoba was num. We'd also gotten bowls of miso soup. We didn't mean to order one for me because I avoid fish (there is often bonito in miso soup), but I was brave and sampled it. It was some of the best I'd had, somewhat richer than usual. I wish Sushilicious wasn't a little far for us, but we will go again and will also try their other place, Circa Sushi.

1  Thank Caldoria