“Capital Jewell”

Courtyard Tallahassee Capital
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 4 January 2012

It's a bit tricky to find and 15 minutes off I-10 but for the bargain quality hotel shopper looking at Talahassee, this is a good find. Older hotel in very good condition, large quiet rooms, and new "Bistro" concept for better food and lower price make this a genuine bargain. State Capitol is within sight about 1 mile away and FSU about 3 miles. Chain restaurants close. Would stay again and highly reccomend. Clue: if Marriott says lobby is newly remodeled, it is probably a new Bistro concept. Concept is a homerun from my cheap seats.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I would ust this hotel again. It was very close to the FSU campus and places to eat. The staff was very friendly. The salad I had from the Bistro was awesome (but overpriced) and the girl working there was extremely nice,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I usually stay at the Courtyard on Raymond Diehl, but this trip decided to try this location (on Appalachee Parkway) because it is closer to where I need to be when traveling to Tallahassee. I have to say, I wasn't nearly as impressed with this location as I was with the other one. The lobby looks awesome, with the new Courtyard style renovations, and the staff at the front desk were very friendly. However, once you pass the lobby, the hotel returns to the older style - not bad, just slightly dated. I was gievn a room on the "Terrace" level, which is esentially the level below the one you enter on - I hesitate at calling it the basement, because it feels like any other floor. However, the cell phone service on that level is really spotty (I have Verizon). Also, while all the rooms have balconies or patios, the Terrace level rooms have locks on the sliding doors preventing you from opening them more than a few inches - again, not a huge deal but disappointing. My first morning there, I was woken up at 8:30AM (I slept in a bit since I flkew in late the night before) by very loud knocking, then the door being unlocked and hitting the privacy latch. I'm assuming this was the housekeeper, so for the rest of the stay I posted my do not disturb sign. I realize they need to service rooms early, but why not start with rooms that people have checked out of already? The breakfast options were a lot smaller than I was used to at the other Courtyard - everything is made to order. I chose the cereal and banana option with a coffee. They told me they were out of bananas, so I chose yogurt, and found out later they still charged me for a yogurt. The staff at the restaurant was not very friendly at all. All in all, this isn't a bad hotel, but I will return to the Courtyard on Raymond Diehl instead from now on!!

Room Tip: Avoid the Terrace level
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I've stayed at several Marriott Couryard and this was probably my least favourite. The room was a little on the small side and the walls were very thin. I was up all night listening to cell phone conversions and snoring in nearby rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful though.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have stayed here countless times in the last year and have always had a great stay. The hotel staff from front desk to food staff to housekeeping are always very accommodating and eager to help.
The rooms are always comfortable and clean.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Tallahassee area. I plan on staying there again to move my daughter back for this coming school year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Really pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome at the front desk. Usually women travelers get stuck by the ice machine! This guy was great, friendly, very helpful. Gave us a late checkout that we needed given schedule challenges. Clean comfortable room. Includes free internet AND free parking -- better deal than other hotels I checked nearby. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stared here for several days in July for a business meeting. The location is excellent. The staff is polite and well trained.

In terms of excercise the Gym has some issues and is very small. The pool is too small to swim laps.

The entry has been modernized to the courtyard cafe and pantry concept. Checkin was fast but no one was around when I went to check out at 930am. The lobby has outlets, wifi, and televisions. The business center in the lobby is well stocked and everything was functional. Wifi is fast and strong in most of the property.

The low points include *NO LOBBY ELEVATOR* *EXTRA CHARGES* and *NOISY AC*. Noisy AC not too big of a deal but no lobby elevator? Where are we? We also had an inclusive rate but if you take a large coffee they charge you extra... Some breakfast rate huh?

At the end of the day I would stay here again but only because it's a Marriott property. The staff made my say.

• Stayed: July 2011