“Good value hotel”

Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tampa, Florida
“Good value hotel”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here the night before visiting FSU for a tour. From the outside, there is not much to see. The rooms were clean as were the hallways. They will nickel and dime you for anything you need like a toothbrush or paste- bring your own.
They have a "Bar and Restaurant". Bring your own, for happy hour the beers are $4.
There is a Mexican Restaurant a block away. Great food, drinks, and service- go there. The night we were there it was 2 for 1 on drinks all night and $6.99 fajitas. Split them- it's huge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room- first floor facing pool. Much better and you can walk to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TampaInsuranceTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, TX USA
Reviewed 4 January 2012

It's a bit tricky to find and 15 minutes off I-10 but for the bargain quality hotel shopper looking at Talahassee, this is a good find. Older hotel in very good condition, large quiet rooms, and new "Bistro" concept for better food and lower price make this a genuine bargain. State Capitol is within sight about 1 mile away and FSU about 3 miles. Chain restaurants close. Would stay again and highly reccomend. Clue: if Marriott says lobby is newly remodeled, it is probably a new Bistro concept. Concept is a homerun from my cheap seats.

• Stayed January 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I would ust this hotel again. It was very close to the FSU campus and places to eat. The staff was very friendly. The salad I had from the Bistro was awesome (but overpriced) and the girl working there was extremely nice,

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I usually stay at the Courtyard on Raymond Diehl, but this trip decided to try this location (on Appalachee Parkway) because it is closer to where I need to be when traveling to Tallahassee. I have to say, I wasn't nearly as impressed with this location as I was with the other one. The lobby looks awesome, with the new Courtyard style renovations, and the staff at the front desk were very friendly. However, once you pass the lobby, the hotel returns to the older style - not bad, just slightly dated. I was gievn a room on the "Terrace" level, which is esentially the level below the one you enter on - I hesitate at calling it the basement, because it feels like any other floor. However, the cell phone service on that level is really spotty (I have Verizon). Also, while all the rooms have balconies or patios, the Terrace level rooms have locks on the sliding doors preventing you from opening them more than a few inches - again, not a huge deal but disappointing. My first morning there, I was woken up at 8:30AM (I slept in a bit since I flkew in late the night before) by very loud knocking, then the door being unlocked and hitting the privacy latch. I'm assuming this was the housekeeper, so for the rest of the stay I posted my do not disturb sign. I realize they need to service rooms early, but why not start with rooms that people have checked out of already? The breakfast options were a lot smaller than I was used to at the other Courtyard - everything is made to order. I chose the cereal and banana option with a coffee. They told me they were out of bananas, so I chose yogurt, and found out later they still charged me for a yogurt. The staff at the restaurant was not very friendly at all. All in all, this isn't a bad hotel, but I will return to the Courtyard on Raymond Diehl instead from now on!!

Room Tip: Avoid the Terrace level
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I've stayed at several Marriott Couryard and this was probably my least favourite. The room was a little on the small side and the walls were very thin. I was up all night listening to cell phone conversions and snoring in nearby rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful though.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have stayed here countless times in the last year and have always had a great stay. The hotel staff from front desk to food staff to housekeeping are always very accommodating and eager to help.
The rooms are always comfortable and clean.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Tallahassee area. I plan on staying there again to move my daughter back for this coming school year.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Saint Louis MO
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Really pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome at the front desk. Usually women travelers get stuck by the ice machine! This guy was great, friendly, very helpful. Gave us a late checkout that we needed given schedule challenges. Clean comfortable room. Includes free internet AND free parking -- better deal than other hotels I checked nearby. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business