Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardservice roadstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanwasher and dryershopping and restaurantsgovernment buildingsthree nightsextra towelsstate capitolquiet locationwould stay here againapalachee parkwayclose to downtownlobby areaeasy accessup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed here for one night on business while in Tallahassee. The lobby has been completely remodeled, which I was told is happening at all Courtyards. It's very sleek and modern and the new "bistro" is great. I had a fantastic breakfast sandwich on my way out, definitely a step up from the regular breakfast. To top it all off the staff was delightful. It's refreshing to encounter people who actually enjoy what they do and want to make sure they are able to assist you with your stay. The rooms were typical Courtyard rooms, nothing fancy, but for one night they had what I needed. I'll be staying here for mt next trip to Tallahassee

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We were in Tallahassee only for one night but we all agreed that our experience at this Marriott was just what we needed. When I made my reservation (2 months before our trip) I had asked if they had a wheelchair available for one in our party. They did and said that they would have it ready for us. I had not confirmed this before we arrived and was a little worried that they might have forgotten. Well, when we checked-in the desk clerk asked if we still needed the wheelchair!!! Wow!

The only things that were not quite the best was that the A/C was hard to regulate - you got either the Arctic or the Tropics. Our room was a bit small with too much furniture crammed in. We had a king room with a pull out sofa (and 3 of us staying). Even without 3 . . . it was a pretty cramped room.

The improvements made by Marriott to the Courtyard brand are "two thumbs up"! The bistro is very open and welcoming and the lobby has a collection of small conversation areas that have the feel of a living room. Want to give a big "shout out" to Don - who attended to our needs with cocktails and wine in the evening and was there again at 7:00 am to serve breakfast. He is the essence of great customer service. Even though it was a little manic in the morning due to a lot of the guests attending the summer graduation ceremonies at FSU, Don was cheerful, helpful and efficient. Hopefully, Marriott reads these reviews, because, in our book, he deserves many kudos! The other staff members deserve mention as well. The dining area was clean and tables were cleared promptly and readied for the next guest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard Capital the day before my sons campus tour at FSU. The hotel is 1.9 miles from the FSU Visitor Center at Doak Cambell Stadium.
Almost stayed at a Residence Inn very close to the school. $70 more per night and I couldn't pull the trigger. It was only one night and the app on my phone made the drive to FSU very simple from the courtyard.
*the room/hotel was clean
*the pool was small, nice and unoccupied the times we saw it
*location on a service road can be tricky the first time
*walked to a nearby resturant the night we were there
*they let us check in at 11 am
*we didn't eat at their small breakfast/sandwich counter in their lobby
*the room air conditioner was freezing

It appears there are a lot of hotels similar to this one in the area. This hotel is near the capital, leon county civic center, and FSU. They appeared to be well managed.....Oh, they forgot our wake up call.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fishheadflorida
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was attending the college world series regional and stayed here three nights. A wonderful hotel at a good price. The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing but would stay here again. The Bistro was new and impressive. The freshly cooked breakfast was plentiful and reasonably priced. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The doors remain locked and you must use your room key. The parking lot and hotel were safe. The hotel is conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. The FSU campus is about 7 minutes away and a very easy drive. Parking was plentiful and the staff was very nice. Great hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: My rating for room service and the Spa were required before my submission would be accepted. I did not use either so I really don't know anything about the Spa and room service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Courtyard-staff, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed your trip. As for the confusing building, we agree. We have ordered addtional parking and interior signs to try and make it less confusing.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for a night while visiting FSU. The location is super convenient to the campus and surrounding shops/ restaurants. We booked through the priceline "name your own price" and we weren't really expecting too much, just wanted a clean place to stay. We were shocked by how nice this hotel was and how accommodating all of the employees were. The entire lobby was recently renovated and is very nice. There is a little cafe that serves light meals and snacks. The pool area looked really nice also and there was nobody in it.
The room was very clean and we never had any issue, we would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I take pride in our hotel. Thank you for staying and the reviewing our hotel.