“Nice value / recently refurbished / good sized rooms”

Courtyard Tallahassee Capital
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting family. The hotel looks as though it has been recently refurbished (both lobby and rooms). I stayed in a first-floor room facing a central courtyard (with a nice-sized outdoor pool). The room was a very good size. The bathroom sink/vanity area was separate from the toilet/bathtub room, which is convenient when multiple people are staying in the room. The room contained a king-sized bed facing sliding glass doors to the courtyard (the mattress was excellent). Beyond the bed was a love seat and coffee table. A flat-screen TV located on a run of low dressers/desk was set on a swivel that would make it accessible for viewing from either the bed or the sofa. The room had a small patio outside the sliding glass doors with patio chairs and a small table.

The hotel doesn't include breakfast, but there was a nicely furnished breakfast area that served a reasonably broad menu at what looked to be very reasonable prices. As I ate out with family members each day, I can't speak to the quality of the food at the hotel.

The only negative was that there seemed to be a good bit of noise coming in from the next room and the hallway. That said, I never experienced noise levels that kept me from sleeping.

All in all, this was a very good value for the price, and I would happily stay here again.

For people who may not have easy access to a car, I should also mention that the hotel is in walking distance to multiple drugstores (CVS, Walgreens) and a very nice grocery (New Leaf). There are other shops located within the same complex that houses New Leaf.

Room Tip: The inner rooms (facing the courtyard) are particularly pleasant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank horse2hound4
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Indeed our hotel just completed our renovation this past August. We were very glad to hear you enjoyed all our recent upgrades. While our hotel does not include a breakfast for every room, we do offer breakfast inclusive packages for an option to the guest who might prefer inclusive. This allows a greater level of flexibility to accommodate those who may not choose to have breakfast. As mentioned, our Bistro does offer a wonderful selection of breakfast and dinner options from health starts to familiar and satisfying comfort foods. Most importantly we feature fresh, made to your order Starbucks coffee to start you day! We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was greeted by a professional and friendly staff member as quality customer service is a must for me. Now that I know the staff is professional I can move forward…The room is modern and sleek. I requested a room that was in a quiet location of the building. That accommodation was met in addition to me having a beautiful view. Free wi-fi and free parking was plus also as that is very rare for downtown hotels. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Yes, our convenient location to the downtown area is recognized by many of our repeat guest. The convenience of the many dining options within walking distance and the addition of our new Bistro Starbucks for a cup of made to order coffee in the morning is icing on the cake! We hope to see you very, very soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just one night and were very pleased. Very clean rooms, modern furnitures and equipment everywhere around from the entrance and bar to the rooms and gym. Free parking. We loved and enjoyed the stay!! Would reserve here again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel! Our team is very excited to have all the renovations completed. We were very glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

A few extra college kids ended up in room. Staff very promptly brought additional cot and apologized for the wait; all of 3 minutes. Since the hotel was full and it was 9:30 PM, it is nice to know they keep a few cots on hand. Bed was comfortable and room reasonably quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Our team was happy to hear that all went ok with your new student move in this fall semester. We hope they are settled into their new space and off to a great start for a successful year!

We completely understand the extra added stress that each of our parents and students face during this difficult time. For many families it may be the first time of extended separation, with added financial strain, not to mention the new or unfamiliar processes involved with independent campus life!

Our team works very hard to ensure we provide a place to rest, relax and recharge during this difficult and stressful process.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Tallahassee area!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a tour of the Southern states.
As soon as we arrived I loved the lay out of the hotel with rooms around the pool. We were on the ground floor and could sit outside on the chairs provided & watch the sun go down or sit by the pool.Others in our group had balconies.
The reception was helpful & friendly & the room was spacious & clean.
There were nice restaurants across the (busy) road, and we were sorry to leave

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the nice comments about our courtyard pool area. It is always a special end of the day when you area able to rest, relax and recharge, pool side on our newly renovated patio with a few cocktails from the Bistro!

See you soon

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had a competition in Tallahassee that was unfortunately rescheduled. Due to the fact that this hotel was booked at a non-refundable rate and I could not transfer the dates, we traveled to Tallahassee and just enjoyed the weekend.

Cons:The first thing I noticed was the smell in the hallways. It was terrible. It smelled as if they had just painted, which is understandable, however, the smell got worse as the weekend went on. I'm not sure of other rooms, but in room 157, the air conditioner is EXTREMELY loud. I was awaken several times during the night by the extra vibration the air conditioner has. Fortunately, it wasn't consistant... it just came and went as it pleased. The TV quality was terrible as well. The picture kept fading. I went to get in the shower Saturday night and there was a huge palmetto roach on the shower curtain, I almost hurt myself jumping back out. There was not a microwave in our room. We kept getting calls early in the morning with no one on the other end.

Pros: Great location!!! Capital building is less that a mile away. There are 4 great restaurants within walking distance such as Logans and Genghis Grill. Downtown Tallahassee is right around the corner. The room was clean and the bed was OK. There is a fridge in the room. You can control the room temp easily. Paul mitchell hair products and the shower head was great. Checkout is 12:00, and hour later than I'm used to. Each room has a balcony. In order to walk in the hotel you have to use the room key to get the door to unlock, felt a sense of security.

If I ended up staying here again, it would be for the location only, not for the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Our team was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. It would be most appreciated if you could call my office directly at 850/329-9041 so we may gather a few additional details to help our team improve.

We noted you mentioned difficulty with the non-refundable rate offering. At marriott.com we offer a wide variety of refundable options which can be changed up to 6pm the evening of arrival. We hope to hear from us soon. Perhaps we can make a return trip reservation so you may experience all that our hotel has to offer. Please let us know how we may better serve you on your future stays!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Booked this hotel through hotels.com at $75 per night for 3 adults.

Place was great. Clean. Modern. Every employee we came into contact with was very out going and nice, from the front desk, the maids, and the service people. When I called the front desk to ask where I could get AA batteries for my camera, the front desk clerk sent a 4-pack to my room FREE OF CHARGE. Pool was a descent size and nice.

Food is good, not great, but it's on par with what you would expect (breakfast food similar to Dunkin' Donuts). Walls between the rooms are thin, so if your neighbors are having a party, it will be painful. Fortunately, we did not experience that.

Would highly recommend to others and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation! We were very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with our team. Please let us know how we may best serve you on your next visit to the Tallahassee area.