“In a pinch”

Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
“In a pinch”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stopped here because it was getting late and very nasty weather. Very lovely place, they have an in house BISTRO, which we didn't get to enjoy this time. Very clean and comfortable hotel. I just wish we would have had more time to enjoy the city, lots of shopping and dining.

Room Tip: If you were interested in staying there the Capitol in just right up the street. And always choose...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
We were glad to hear you found safe and comfortable harbor from the unexpected in-climate weather during your trip through the Tallahassee area. Our Bistro offers a wide variety of breakfast and dinner options, with a full bar and made to your order Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day! We appreciate your time and efforts to recognize our team. Next time plan to stay a little longer and our team will help you find the best highlights to visit.

Keith Hoogerheyde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard has been recently renovated and the beds are awesome. The rooms are always spotless and service is fast and friendly, especially at the bistro. This property has become my new go-to property in Tallahassee!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ashaffer1
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our location, staff, service and our newly renovated hotel. We are located only ½ mile from the capitol complex and surround by too many dining and entertainment options makes our hotel the first choice from many of our guest. We hope our hotel will be your new home away from home when in Tallahassee.

Looking forward to seein you very soon!

Davie, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2014

As soon as we walked in the ambiance of the hotel scream CLEAN, MODERN, SPACIOUS!!!

I was in a rush to use the restroom so I used the “public” restroom down there at the lobby, the restroom was super clean and the smell of cleanness was amazing very unusual now days.

The room with 2 double beds was nice, neat, clean, modern, nice bathroom and shower with an in room refrigerator and a simple coffee maker.

We stayed only one night but I will recommend it anytime.

Room Tip: First floor facing the garden/pool rather that the parking lot it is beautiful, and you can exit fro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We were glad to hear you found the value in our freshly renovated hotel! We hope you were able to rest, relax, and recharge during your visit to the capitol city of Florida!

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three days and hid my camera in a cabinet in the room. I checked out on Saturday morning and stupidly forgot my camera in the cabinet where I had hidden it. I called back on Sunday morning and the camera was GONE. The front desk staff was very helpful in trying to help me locate the camera and they searched the room and every possible place for it with no luck. The front desk agent advised me to speak with their manager about filing a claim and when I did speak to the manager, she was as unhelpful as hell! She basically told me that since I had forgotten it then it was my fault and there was nothing else to it! She didn't want to question the housekeeping staff or try to go through any other channels to assist me. I KNOW it was my fault for forgetting the item but the manager basically said she wasn't going to do anything about it or try to help me at all. The staff was MUCH better than management. All I have to say is beware of leaving ANYTHING at that hotel, because management will make no attempt to assist you... NONE!! With that kind of attitude from management, I can understand why the staff feels comfortable taking items. I will never stay here again and will do everything I can to ensure that I keep people away from this place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 255Cfree
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Our team was most disappointed to hear of your regretful situation with your lost and found item left behind in your guest room. Our hotel has very specific guidelines for all team members to follow regarding any items which may be left behind in a guest room after departure. When an item is found it is delivered to a member of our supervisor team, tagged, logged and stored in a secured area for 90 days in the event that the owner should call and request the item returned. When our team was unable to locate your specific item they completed a thorough second search and spoke directly to the each team member involved with your room post departure on Saturday morning. As previously reported we do not have record of your item. We hope you may understand this difficult situation as there is no means of triangulating to a specific person of accountability or responsibility. Many of our housekeeping team members are Marriott career professionals, some with as many as 25 years of service. As the item was obviously hide so well even you had forgotten about the item in your departure, please consider it may be possible to have been over-sighted also during the housekeeping cleaning process as you intended this location to hidden and secure during your stay. It is an unfortunate possibility the item may have been found by the next occupant of the room. We deeply appreciate the time you have taken to make our team aware of your situation as we continue to search for new ways to improve our service!

York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting family. The hotel looks as though it has been recently refurbished (both lobby and rooms). I stayed in a first-floor room facing a central courtyard (with a nice-sized outdoor pool). The room was a very good size. The bathroom sink/vanity area was separate from the toilet/bathtub room, which is convenient when multiple people are staying in the room. The room contained a king-sized bed facing sliding glass doors to the courtyard (the mattress was excellent). Beyond the bed was a love seat and coffee table. A flat-screen TV located on a run of low dressers/desk was set on a swivel that would make it accessible for viewing from either the bed or the sofa. The room had a small patio outside the sliding glass doors with patio chairs and a small table.

The hotel doesn't include breakfast, but there was a nicely furnished breakfast area that served a reasonably broad menu at what looked to be very reasonable prices. As I ate out with family members each day, I can't speak to the quality of the food at the hotel.

The only negative was that there seemed to be a good bit of noise coming in from the next room and the hallway. That said, I never experienced noise levels that kept me from sleeping.

All in all, this was a very good value for the price, and I would happily stay here again.

For people who may not have easy access to a car, I should also mention that the hotel is in walking distance to multiple drugstores (CVS, Walgreens) and a very nice grocery (New Leaf). There are other shops located within the same complex that houses New Leaf.

Room Tip: The inner rooms (facing the courtyard) are particularly pleasant.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank horse2hound4
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Indeed our hotel just completed our renovation this past August. We were very glad to hear you enjoyed all our recent upgrades. While our hotel does not include a breakfast for every room, we do offer breakfast inclusive packages for an option to the guest who might prefer inclusive. This allows a greater level of flexibility to accommodate those who may not choose to have breakfast. As mentioned, our Bistro does offer a wonderful selection of breakfast and dinner options from health starts to familiar and satisfying comfort foods. Most importantly we feature fresh, made to your order Starbucks coffee to start you day! We hope to see you very soon.

Nashville
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was greeted by a professional and friendly staff member as quality customer service is a must for me. Now that I know the staff is professional I can move forward…The room is modern and sleek. I requested a room that was in a quiet location of the building. That accommodation was met in addition to me having a beautiful view. Free wi-fi and free parking was plus also as that is very rare for downtown hotels. Great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Keith H, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee Capital, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Yes, our convenient location to the downtown area is recognized by many of our repeat guest. The convenience of the many dining options within walking distance and the addition of our new Bistro Starbucks for a cup of made to order coffee in the morning is icing on the cake! We hope to see you very, very soon.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just one night and were very pleased. Very clean rooms, modern furnitures and equipment everywhere around from the entrance and bar to the rooms and gym. Free parking. We loved and enjoyed the stay!! Would reserve here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel! Our team is very excited to have all the renovations completed. We were very glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.