“Good location but depends what you're looking for”
Review of Governors Inn

Governors Inn
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in a loft room arriving Saturday night and leaving Monday morning.

First the nice parts - the place is located right in the middle of the government builddings and courthouses and downtown. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed, lots of room, and a nice sitting area.

Next the neutral parts - the view was rather lackluster from our room. There is no hotel parking and valet parking is $10/night (we should have guessed as much due to the location). Breakfast was nothing to get excited about - kind of a half-hearted attempt - bagels and pastries out of a package, yoplait yogurt, granola, etc.

Finally the not so nice parts - There seemed to be a minimal staff on duty in the whole place to the point where the front desk clerk was going to be our valet. We told her we'd fetch our own car. Perhaps the minimal staffing was due to a low guest count. The breakfast area had only one table with a table cloth. You could sit on the couch and eat off of the coffee table too I guess. But for a hotel that size, I wouldn't want to try the breakfast if the hotel was full. The air conditioner vent blew right on our heads when we were sitting on the couch - not very comfortable. There was no desk in our room to sit at for computer use. The price seems a little high for what you get.

In conclusion, if you didn't drive but just got a taxi from the airport, the location is great. If you like to skip breakfast or eat out and just need a comfortable bed in close proximity to government offices, this place is nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in a loft room which means the bed is upstairs from the bathroom. This is not a good arra...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JoeR11
There are newer reviews for Governors Inn

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Terrific Weekend, wonderful place to visit, excellent service, couldn't have been better. Enjoyed FSU Football Weekend

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My stay was fantastic! The staff was excellent and went above and beyond to meet my expectations. From the time I made my reservation to when I checked out, the staff was extremely helpful. Everyone from the concierge, valet, and housekeepers greeted me as I passed and asked if they could do anything for me. The warm welcomes and upbeat personality of all the staff made me feel like I was staying with friends. The Managers Welcome Reception was also a very nice touch allowing me to socialize with the manager while enjoying free cocktails. I will definitely be staying here from now on!

Room Tip: The suites are THE BEST !!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was just the best place to be... The location was perfect... The rooms were clean, and comfortable... The staff was very polite and seemed to really care about my needs and wants. I look forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I visited Tallahassee for business recently and I was going to be downtown every day. The Governors Inn was the perfect place to stay. It is the closest hotel to the capital while being directly in the middle of everything else. I was able to walk to all of my meetings instead of trying to fight traffic downtown just to go a short distance. I will be staying here from now on!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank iiyoyoguy
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Location, cleanliness, comfortable beds, polite staff, the ability to walk out the door without waiting for an elevator all make for a great experience! This will be my third stay at Governor's Inn and look forward to it. The style is more casual and like a bed and breakfast. With valet parking, cocktails at 5, and a complimentary continental breakfast you will not miss all the others! Jules

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I cannot give the Inn a higher recommendation for pleasure, business or visiting a student at FSU; location, comfort, charm, cleanliness, quality of bedding and decor, helpfulness of staff and concern for each guest. I have already booked another visit. Each staff introduced themselves and offered all kinds of helpful information regarding restaurants and what was going on locally. The breakfast was totally adequate and charming with lapetop or without, large flatscreen and many newspapers to enjoy. Evening cocktail hour a very nice addition for socializing and many restaurants, in all different catagories, within walking distance . Thank you Ben, Wiley, Matthew and Casey, staff that made visit so comfortable. Anne K.

Room Tip: There is no elevator but 1 flight of nice wide stairs no problem. A 1st floor room can be requested...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family