I have been reading the reviews on this hotel (which I had read before I went last week) and I must have had a really lucky experience. This was a last minute trip and I needed somewhere cheap to stay. But I would like to clarify a few things re. the accomodation and location: the room cost me around 50 dollars (should have been for a King size room but they had none available so I was placed into a room with 2 queen sized beds). Compared to all the other hotels in the area, and other hotels in general, this is very cheap and you can't expect a 5 star hotel. The location: this hotel is right beside the university as well as being on a main road - of course it will be noisy. I, however, had no problem getting to sleep.
Overall, I had no problems with the room which was secure and relatively clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner but, again, I was saving over 50 dollars a night so I didn't complain. The bed was comfortable, there were around 70 TV channels, working fridge, microwave and coffeemaker (2 new sachets of coffee were left every day), and all the staff (front desk and cleaning) were friendly and helpful. Local calls from the room phone were free. Shops closeby for snack type food, several restaurants/ cafes/ bars across the road, a copy place with internet about 1min walk away (if you have a laptop with you, there is free wifi in the hotel), and right at the entrance to FSU.
I know this is a long review but I don't feel any of the reviews do it justice. If you want a nicer hotel, pay more than 50 dollars, if you need somewhere just to sleep and you don't mind a basic room (after all, most of a holiday is not spent in the hotel room), go here, if you have a young family, remember the hotel is beside a university.... Great for what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- University Inn & Suites is a limited service hotel located adjacent to Florida State University. We have all the amenities you would expect from a more expensive hotel for a reasonable rate. All rooms include complimentary bottled water and fresh fruit at check in, microwave/refrigerator, hairdryer, coffee maker, 25" television with premium channels, telephone, free wifi, free parking, clock radio, and fantastic customer service. We have recently refreshed our guest bathrooms with new granite vanities and refinished tubs and showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your University Inn & Suites Tallahassee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- University Inn & Suites Tallahassee Hotel Tallahassee
- University Inn And Suites Tallahassee
- University Hotel Tallahassee