“Convenient location, good breakfast ”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We got the last room at this quality in Tallahassee for an Fsu football game. Very good as Marriott usually is. Strong breakfast, clean, excellent rooms. Near a lot of stores and restaurants. Not too far from campus. Just off of I-10 and thomasville road. Breakfast had a very good hot portion to it that beats most out there. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your positive comments and completing a trip advisor survey. Hope to see you soon!

Christopher J Flanders- General Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Tallahassee off I-10/Capital Circle and it was a GREAT experience. I don't usually take the time to write feedback about hotels but I think they deserved a pat on the back. The staff was the nicest I have seen at a hotel. The room was SPOTLESS. The breakfast was wonderful. It is a pet-friendly hotel and everyone was so nice to us. They had the gorgeous fire pit burning every morning and evening. I will only stay at this hotel going forward when I return to Tallahassee. Gwen and the manager (Laura I think?) were absolutely wonderful. When I left Gwen made sure to say "Family comes and Family goes…. we will see you next time!"

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

We are so happy you took the time to write feedback about your hotel stay! I’m happy to hear you had a great experience. Laura & Gwen enjoyed reading your comments! We also shared with the other staff members during morning stand-up! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Christopher J Flanders- General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here for a weekend FSU game & had an AWESOME stay. All staff we encountered were friendly & helpfull. Girl at check in help me get the most quiet area. The breakast was good, pool & whirlpool were awesome for an early am swim & to unwind some before I had to get back in the car Sun to go home. The only suggestion I could make is maybe "black out" cutain option. Even with the drapes closed, the light still came in through the crack between the drapes, & once that happened, I was up-but that was probably just me. I really can't say enough great things about this hotel. Not far from shopping, food, & only @ 15-30 min from Doak.

Room Tip: Get top floor away from elevator. Suite was AWESOME. It had a "living room" seperate from...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so happy you had an awesome stay. Our staff is always ready to take care of our guest! We look forward to seeing you in the near future! Go Noles!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here overnight in the midst of a 12 hour move. The front desk was not very helpful at all. We had asked for a crib (plus had requested it at reservation) and was told it would be sent up. When it was never sent, we went to retrieve our belongings from the car. My husband and I stopped at the front desk, both of us with arms loaded down to the max, to alert the desk staff that it had never been sent up. Instead of telling us they would send one up, the desk employee told us to "hold on" and stepped in the back for several minutes. He then emerged with a pack and play and handed the item to my already loaded down husband to carry to the room. When we got to the room, the crib was broken and unsafe for our baby to sleep in. When calling down to the front desk, we were asked several questions about "how" it was broken as if they didn't believe us. Finally someone brought us up another playpen/crib. They just dropped it in our room without even bothering to check if this one was broken or asking did we need help setting it up. Given the fact that we had driven many hours with two small children already, this was an exhausting event. The rest of our service was less than average in general and far less than what we have come to expect from Marriott as platinum status holders. The breakfast started far too late- something like 7:30 on weekends. Many travelers (including us at that day) need a breakfast time of no later than 7:00 am. If we are ever in the area again we will find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for being a Platinum member and taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I assure you that the issues you experienced will be addressed. We are normally great service providers, and it seems we truly dropped the ball here. Please accept our sincere apology. We would love for you to give us another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel for several nights in early August. My sister died unexpectedly and we needed clean, comfortable, spacious lodging for our family. This hotel really came through. They treated us with respect and kindness at a time that we were so vulnerable. Gwen at the front desk is a true gem and took care of us like we were her family. As family flew in for the memorial service, Gwen was able to find us an additional room, even when they were near capacity. The property is what you expect with the Marriott name. Clean comfortable lodging. But the kindness of the staff, in our troubled times was truly heartwarming. The general manager should be so proud of the work done by the staff at this hotel. Will never stay any where else in Tallahassee. Thanks so much for all your help.

Room Tip: Away from the Interstate
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind words! I am proud of the work and comfort my staff was able to provide to your family. Again our sincere condolences for your loss, your family are in our deepest prayers.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a great hotel for a long weekend getaway. When we first checked in, we we're greeted with really nice staff at your service. We got a two bedroom suite with a fireplace. Our room features free wireless high speed internet access, shampoo and conditioner, iron with board, hairdryer, a sofa sleeper, 2 bathrooms, plush pillows, in room coffee, tea, and popcorn, daily housekeeping, and 3 flat screen tvs with free Showtime, ESPN, CNN, Fox, Nickelodeon, and cable. Our room also came with a full kitchen with a full sized fridge/freezer, oven/stove, a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, sink, and dishwasher. They also provide some dishes, cups, glasses, silverware, and cooking supplies. Beds were not to firm, but I slept well. They have polite housekeeping, because they replace towels and toletries, wash the dishes, and make the beds. Some other additional amenities that we didn't take advantage of are free grocery delivery, guest laundry, and free social hour with snacks, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks, and coffee. I love their free daily hot breakfast buffet, with waffles, cereal, milk, juice, bagels, donuts, muffins, yogurt, coffee, and a free USA Today Monday to Friday. They provide free toothbrushes and toothpaste, which is a bonus. Our room was away from the Interstate 10. Snacks and beverages avaible at the market 24/7, which there prices are a little bit too high. They also have a sport court on site, perfect for playing basketball or tennis. They also have BBQ facilities, and an indoor heated pool and whirlpool spa with towels provided. Theres also an exercise room with a tredmill, an eliptical, and an exercise bike with a tv on each machine. The disappointment was the tvs didn't work. Theres also a business center, which the hotel was nice enough to let me use the computer. The only complaints were the elevator took forever, the a/c wasn't working, and they didn't have HBO. The best part about the trip was the staff were able to make you a waffle. Thank you for a nice trip. I hope we can come back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review, we thank you for the great feedback. So happy to hear the staff was able to make you a waffle, Residence Inns are known for their wonderful waffles! I must say our breakfasts are pretty awesome!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed one week at this Inn. Our daughter had given birth to our grandson. So, we were in town to "help out". Everyone greeted us with a smile on their face. They were very courteous and helpful. Our suite was very comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed the breakfast each day. They had a nice variety. Also, the hot tub was very relaxing. What a nice surprise to open the door to our suite to find a balloon and a card signed by all the members of the staff congratulating us on the birth of our new grandson. Kudos to the entire staff. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

It’s always our pleasure to go above and beyond, especially when celebrating an adorable baby! Thank you for the great comments! We are ecstatic you had a wonderful week and stay! Look forward to seeing you on your next visit!